Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Dickey 2 years 25M
  • To:All
  • 12/17/12
  • 4545_ajd

3 years 30M total.

Ken Rosenthal ?@Ken_Rosenthal

Source: Dickey in agreement with #BlueJays on two-year, $25 million extension that he had requested from #Mets, pending physical

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • djiboutirox
good for him
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • murphstates
A huge bargain for the Jays.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546595.4 was deleted
  • 12/17/12
  • 86kid
Both sides (Dickey and the Mets) got what they.
I have no hard feeling toward either. It's business and hopefully it works out for Dickey there, and work out with our prospects here.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • djiboutirox
lol
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • nutz4pugs

Congratulations all around.

Now, I hope RA gets a championship ring to go with his Cy Young award. No one in baseball is more deserving. IMO

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • skorpio520

"wilpon should die in a fire for being this cheap"

we got two top players that we can add too (bourne,THIS YEAR) and finally have a young nucleus to build around. wright and ike,niese with d'arnaud,wheeler,harvey .we can start adding players to this mix and maybe start contending by 2014.

• Reply to this Message
Message 546595.9 was deleted
  • 12/17/12
  • skorpio520
theres just asmuch as a chance that d'arnaud/syndgaard amount to nothing as there is dickey flaters and the jays just p!ssed away 30 million dollars
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • spydermet

"we got two top players that we can add too (bourne,THIS YEAR) and finally have a young nucleus to build around."

That's not true. We have 2 top prospects. Let's call them players after thay have played at the Major League level. Until then, they are prospects.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • Mort2112
LOL, they are not players until the play in the major leagues?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • METMAINEAC

I'll put my $$ on the CYA winner.

When are the John Buck jerseys getting printed up?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • spydermet
Skorpio520 spoke of them as if they are already stars. They aren't. For as much potential as they may have, they have accomplished nothing at the Major League level. I don't think Cooperstown is calling them yet. After all, didn't we have a HOF pitcher by the name of Paul Wilson? Weren't there 2 others with him?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • Mort2112
Ah, he said "two top players". You translated that to "already stars".
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • Kranesback
I hope he pitches the game that eliminates the Yankees from the post-season.

Edited 12/17/12   by  Kranesback
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • skorpio520

"we got two top players that we can add too (bourne,THIS YEAR) and finally have a young nucleus to build around. wright and ike,niese with d'arnaud,wheeler,harvey .we can start adding players to this mix and maybe start contending by 2014."

about the only thing id change in this sentence is instead of saying top players,i meant to say top prospects. generation k was rushed imho.they seemed to have smartened up since then.oh and btw,one of the "other" ones was a young man named,jason isrehausen (izzy,whatever,cant spell this dudes name,never could) who may not have made an impact as a starter but became one of the best closers in baseball.so they werent all flops

D'arnaud is gonna be good.bank on it.syndagaard? i have high hopes for him.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • spydermet

How are they top players? Doesn't that require some accomplishment needed to uphold that claim?
For example: I guess we can say that TDA is the greatest catcher who ever played the game if you want to just make statements. Such a claim would have more validity if he has hit for a high average, with power and has shown great skill behind the plate for several years.

What does "top player: say to you?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • MetObserver

That is quite an exaggeration on your part. Where has anyone said anything about HOF for these players? And for that matter will Dickey also go into the Hall?

Complain if you want but at least make it with in reason.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • nutz4pugs
I could live with that.
  • Reply to this Message