• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• My Satire letter to the new york mets ( Class assignment)
  • To:All
  • 12/17/12
  • GmMetsfan
Dear New York Mets,

You have recently decided to trade our Cy young winning pitcher, R.A Dickey. This guy is in his prime! The last time a Met has ever one the award was back in the 80s! Why would you trade such an elite player? He was a 20 game winner last year at the age of 38, which is young for a knuckleballer! In the deal, you’re also trading Josh Thole whom caught the entire game of Johan Santana’s no hitter! Why would you trade a guy who made history for your team? Josh Thole was one of the best catchers we have had in decades. This is nonsense for the Mets, once again another dumb move. In return you will get Travis d’Arnaud, John Buck, Noah Syndergaard and cash considerations from the Blue jays. Who are these guys, where did they come from? Top prospects, Travis d’Arnaud and Noah Syndergaard have never even played in a major league game, they’re minor league at best. Also, why would we need cash? We are loaded, we play in New York! This deal does not make any sense to me. I have no idea what you think you are doing by trading the best pitcher in the National league to a sub par Blue Jays team for their prospects. How are we supposed to win in the future now? You set us up for a terrible next couple of years. Johan Santana cannot carry this team by himself; everyone knows he is getting too old! I was thinking that if we kept R.A Dickey we could of pitched him every third or fourth day! He is fit and young enough to handle it. Being a fan of the New York Mets, I am disappointed in your ability to make the fans happy. Trading away R.A Dickey has made me heartbroken and confused. I cannot fathom why you guys would trade him for prospects; he is worth too much to send away.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • nutz4pugs
No offense, but as far as satire goes, you're no Jonathan Swift.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546593.3 was deleted