• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• WFAN: Reports in Toronto Saying Dickey Signing is Done
  • To:All
  • 12/17/12
  • 86kid

WFAN says that reports out of Toronto are saying that Dickey and the Jays have already reached an agreement.

I those reports are true, I guess maybe they are dotting the I's and T's before making any announcements

Edited 12/17/12   by  86kid
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • alfolerud
Metmaneac must be so mad. He hates it when the Mets trade old players for top prospects, when the Mets trade our prospects for young stars or when we sign top free agents.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • 4545_ajd
Can we finally get the names please?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • skorpio520
im guessing 2 years 30 millon.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • 86kid
LOL ...soon
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • 86kid
I think once it all got to this point, there was no way the Jays were going to let a few million stand in the way of the deal - be it 13, 14, or 15 million per
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • METMAINEAC
Sad the team that he wanted to play for did.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • 86kid
I don't think it was so much main about the money. I think it was about trying to make a better overall team for the longer term.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • MetObserver
No because if a decent trade wasn't worked out now the Mets would have given him the 2/25 deal and waited for another opportunity to trade him for the right pieces.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • metrebel

>> I think once it all got to this point, there was no way the Jays were going to let a few million stand in the way of the deal - be it 13, 14, or 15 million per

I just posted the question of where someone saw that the extension was done. Thanks for the answer. I looked at ESPN.com a few minutes ago and they didn't have the extension done. After all the Jays went through in this they weren't going to let a few million stand in the way.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

Of course it wasn't.

They never had any intention of resigning him... They realized his real value was as a trading chip.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • cjct

here is my guess and its strickly my opinion based on what makes sense

Dickey, Thole, and Valdespin

for

TDA, Snydergaard, Buck, and Moises Sierra

would make sense for both teams.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

No skin off our nose.

Valdespin doesn't even know what year it is. Kid has no idea what's going on.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • djiboutirox
blue jays dont need marginal outfielders
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • 86kid

>>>"Of course it wasn't. They never had any intention of resigning him... They realized his real value was as a trading chip."<<<

I think Sandy keep his hand in both cookie jars until he could gauge exactly what Dickey's value was. Once he had a gauge on that, he was going to move him. IMO that was always the smartest play to make. Paying Dickey that kind of money, only to still finish 4th or 5th the next couple of years, would have made little sense to me. Building a more complete team now.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • 86kid
Exactly. It was bound to get done. The Jays knew before it all started what Dickey was after.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • cjct

he's a 2nd baseman which they are thin at actually.

Bonifacio is always injured and unless u think Maicer Izturis will be there every day then need depth.

So they get depth at 2B and we get a decent marginal righty hitting young OF...similar type mid level prospect/non prospect

just a thought

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • cjct

i agree....valdespin is a clown. Has some potential but alwasy will be a bench player/pinch hitter because he has no plate decipline.

moises sierra could be a nice righty lefty platoon with Duda or Kirk next year.

valdy turned a lot of people the wrong way with the Marlins hat...not that i think its a big deal but his heart and focus has been put into question before

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • nutz4pugs

Base upon the past year and a half, I'd say that Sandy Alderson has done a pretty good job. Zack Wheeler and d'Arnaud for two aging ballplayers near the ends of their respective contracts. Not to mention the peripheral players who may turn out to be quite something.

Only time will tell, but as things stand right now, I'd say Sandy has earned an extension of his own. It's a good day to be a Mets fan. Finally!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • 86kid
Plus, even though some people complain that he could have traded Reyes, we still don't know what those prospects we got as compensation might be. They could end up being very good, or even star players.
  • Reply to this Message