• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Can we chill out on Syndergaard, please
  • To:All
  • 12/16/12
  • mysticpiazza

He's young (20), throws 99mph bullets, and has been dominant so far...

...in 2 years of A ball!

Obviously the talent and potential are there, but we're talking about a kid with little A ball experience right now. You're looking at 3 years from now best before he plays a ML game (2015?), IF he can stay healthy and perform well throughout AA, AAA, etc.

He's got a long way to go.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • jsmet

You're looking at 3 years 

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • dejavu1
tbh i'd prefer 3 and have him develop properly. 2 would be a slight rush.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • sheadro
I'm excited about him. Not because of what he can do on a ML mound I'll cross that bridge when we get there. I'm excited about his potential value. I view him as a guy that really doesn't have to do much except repeat what he has done thus far to become a top tier prospect in the league. Ideally he will be a stud for the Mets in 2015 or whenever but until then I'm happy with him being a high value asset.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • _BigNick
The excitement around him isn't really about his performance; it's more about the development of his repertoire.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546574.6 was deleted
  • 12/17/12
  • swimmer000
He is upset that we didnt get one of toronto's 4th outfielders instead.... He's a lunatic. If he ascends the same way Harvey or Wheeler have, he will make his debut mid season 2014 or so. He could also be traded for offense. He is a high upside talent and the deal wouldnt have been as good with out him. Would we have enjoyed the likes of a d'Arnaud and Gose moreso than what we are getting? I dont think soooooo.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • 86kid

Nobody really can know what is or isn't a "rush" at this point. His development might progress much faster than expected, or he might progress much slower that expected.

If he's ready to be in the rotation at the start of 2015, then I'd be happy with that. I've seen projections of 2014 - I assume they mean toward the middle - end of 2014.

Maybe a September call up end of 2014, and in the rotation in 2015. We shall see....

Or who knows, maybe Sandy if flips him + another prospect to get some outfielders..????

He seems to be a good one though. Plus pitches.

Edited 12/17/12   by  86kid
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • djiboutirox
if we're still in the PCL at the AAA level then no thanks.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • metsicle
So what is your point? That because he's a few years away we shouldn't be thrilled he's part of the organization? Zach Wheeler was 2 years away when we traded for him & we're all thrilled he's here.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • directttevidence
Wheeler is about to arrive
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • spydermet
I don't see how so many are more happy about him as an asset to trade or about his potential than they are about his performance. That doesn't say much about him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • _BigNick
An asset to trade argument is in response to your argument of acquiring an outfielder.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • mysticpiazza

My point is we know nothing about him other than what he's accomplished in under 200IP at a single A level. There are people here talking about him like he's the next coming of Seaver. I would have preferred ML ready or near ML ready prospects and some help in other areas. He's a prospect with a long way to go.

Still need: outfielder, bullpen, 2B?, etc.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • spydermet
Some on here would rather see Flores at 3rd base over Wright because Flores is a prospect and has potential. I don't think they will see experience as a factor.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • jgrangers2
Anyone know where he's expected to begin next year? I would guess high A ball and maybe make his way to AA at some point in the second half of the year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • TheChosen1
Yeah, I'd say St Lucie too.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • dejavu1
That sounds about right. Unless he starts off poorly I would expect him to be called up to AA within a month and a half and finish out the year there.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • dejavu1
Definitely not a hitter friendly league. My point is I just don't want to rush him. Alderson is clearly trying to replicate the big 3 he had in Oakland.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • PrayedforBay
I'm happy with the move. SA has done the right thing with this move.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
This just keeps getting better. lol
Latest by METCITILES - 12:00 PM
satisfied Mets fan
Latest by roywriter - 11:58 AM
Are we ahead of the curve?
Latest by metrebel - 11:58 AM
EYoung: One Incredible trend and one projection
Latest by stearnsy12 - 11:57 AM
fernando rodney
Latest by murphstates - 11:55 AM
Hitting better? Why?
Latest by sb51 - 11:55 AM
Favorite Easter Basket Candy
Latest by AdrianMonk - 11:54 AM
This Day In Sports History
Latest by hlandrith - 11:48 AM
We have a big-time Closer problem going forward (IMO)...
Latest by roywriter - 11:40 AM
Factoids Redux
Latest by thagreat1 - 11:33 AM