Messages 546573.1 through 546573.3 were deleted
  • 12/16/12
  • gilforhof
Life in Metsville USA
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546573.5 was deleted
  • 12/16/12
  • edmet
we will have harvey all yr, and johan should be healthy and stronger, gee as well, with wheeler a possible midseason callup. our rotation is a strength.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 546573.7 through 546573.10 were deleted
  • 12/16/12
  • gilforhof
I hate seeing Dickey go for a multitude of reasons. But, if these prospects pan out, if bodes well for us in the future. I don't see us being much better in 2013, maybe even worse. There are still trades to be made or FA's to sign, but I don't see it as anything earth shattering. Hopefully, in 2014 we start making our comeback and by 2015 or 2016 we're back in the thick of it. If the prospects don't live up to their potential, we get used to be doormats for the rest of the league. Time will tell obviously. Whatever happens I wish Dickey the best, he's a class act in my opinion. There is an added bonus to all of this... Thole goes... thats priceless.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546573.12 was deleted
  • 12/17/12
  • _BigNick
So the Marlins haven't made any subtractions?

"Add to that we have fans that are saying that its right for Travis d'Arnaud to not start at catcher for the Mets in order to save the Wilpons money and start his time in MLB later. If he's the best player and gives us the best chance to win let him start at the MLB level for Christ sake. "
I know, why would a fan want an extra year of control? Who actually thinks with their mind when thinking over baseball decisions?

"Almost a crying shame..."
No. You're just stupid.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546573.14 was deleted
  • 12/17/12
  • directttevidence

we have 4, count em 4 possible big game pitchers. And a possible stud catcher, it was a necessary evil.

Wheeler
Harvey
Niese
Syndergaard

plus Familia and Mejia

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • _BigNick

"It's two players."
Using your lopsided argument of it's not 25, you do realize Dickey is one person right? Two is greater than one, if you didn't know. Good job. Nice reasoning.

• Reply to this Message
Messages 546573.17 through 546573.18 were deleted
  • 12/17/12
  • _BigNick
"If the object of baseball is to win games and he gives you the higher probability to win games, he needs to start the season on the team. "
Long-term machine, not short term. Moves shouldn't be made based on short-term needs only.

Look around MLB. Literally every team operates this way.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546573.20 was deleted
Recent Discussions
Beautiful play!
Latest by elguapo111 - 12:10 PM
Since those first 3 games...
Latest by ewok54 - 12:10 PM
Brian McCann
Latest by Bwaah - 12:07 PM
Knock Collins all you want!
Latest by elguapo111 - 12:05 PM
Chris Young batting .200, anyone surprised?
Latest by elguapo111 - 12:03 PM
Oh, and BTW.. Davis is 0-9 and at .227
Latest by panthernet - 12:03 PM
Minor League Baseball
Latest by miracl3met - 12:00 PM
Musician Name Game
Latest by jereviens - 11:54 AM
It's a shame we passed on Abreu and Cruz...
Latest by ucpatoi - 11:53 AM
Three Funniest Posters
Latest by jereviens - 11:43 AM