Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Murphy to the Angels for Bourjos
  • To:All
  • 12/16/12
  • stearnsy12

i think this is a fair deal for both teams

Murph could be their starting third baseman or at least their super utility guy

Bourjos really has nowhere to play for them

we could easily go with Valdespin and Turner at second next year as much as i like Murphy

we could have Duda in left unless we can make another deal,Bourjos in center,then sign Hairston to play right field for 2 years 8-9 million and get some time to Kirk

young outfielders i'd try to make separate deals for are the Tigers Garcia,the Texans Martin,the White Sox Viciedo but i don't know that we'd much up too well with them

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • jgrangers2
Definitely a trade I'd make. We definitely need a guy like Bourjos.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • ManWithNoName
Wonder if they're eventually content with whatever offense comes from den Dekker and promote him just for his defense considering they've been looking at defensive CFs for quite a while now.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • wright75
Murphy is a better hitter
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • murphstates
I'd do that without question. Fan Graphs rates Bourjos as a better all around player than Trumbo.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • Matt H
Murphy is a 10x better hitter then Bourjos. I think that would be a bad trade.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • bucknerismyhero
He probably is, but CF is a much harder position to find. We have options internally that we can summon to fill 2B for a season until a long term answer is found; CF not so much...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • jgrangers2
Den Dekker still needs some work at AAA. I don't know when they feel he'll be ready to play in the big leagues.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • Remember86
I'm concerned about his offense. He had a good 2011 but a poor 2012. He's a very fine defensive player. The opposite of Trumbo. I just read a piece on the Internet talking about how the Tigers might be interested in trading Rick Porcello for either player. Evidently, the Marlins have some interest too. I don't know. I have no problem with trading Murphy for an outfielder. Just not sure which Bourjos is the real one.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • bbjmparis
Murphy is deeply flawed...but Bourjos? He seems rather useless. We have plenty of 220 hitters already. I see no need for another.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • DFAB
no thanks....Murphy is much better offensively. Murphy has to be one of the most underrated players in the league. A .300 hitter with 40 doubles who works the count and hardly strikes out is very valuable believe it or not. Bourjos would be a decent pickup but not at the price of Murphy
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • 86mex17
id do it in a heartbeat and run away
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • alex8686
Yeah, no thanks. I'll keep Murph. Bourjos is borderline 5th outfielder material.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • alex8686
Murphs a psycho. With his insane work ethic he'll improve his 2B defense to at least average and then become one of the best 2B's in the league considering his offense.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • rangers61134465
Ad you saying we should trade a guy who can play for a guy who can't?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • 86kid

He only had about 150 at-bats this year. Not sure if he got hurt or just benched, but 150 at-bats this year isn't enough to call it a bad year. He still a newbie though, so he's a work in progress.

He hit over .300 in AAA, and was a like a .295 lifetime hitter in the minors.

I don't dislike Murphy, but I do think we need more of an athlete at 2nd. If I thought I could get a top notch 2nd base prospect, I move him.

You'd hate to lose Murphy's offense, but I think I'd make the swap for Bourjos in our OF

Edited 12/16/12   by  86kid
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 546561.19 through 546561.20 were deleted