• 12/16/12
  • nocedog
and are NOT concerned
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546499.2 was deleted
  • 12/16/12
  • nocedog

Good ol' Metsblog.com

11:20 am: The Mets have reviewed the medical reports on Travis d’Arnaud’s knee and are not concerned (Passan, Yahoo! Sports).

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • reinman43
The worry wart defeatist attitude in me often comes out especially regarding my Mets, 23 years old with knee issues and catching ?? Which means he probably becomes a Met and needs major reconstructive knee surgery and is out of baseball for 2 years.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • nocedog
I agree, it's a concern. We have to roll the dice though, because the potential payoff with this kid is probably much higher than with anyone else we can get. It's not perfect, but it's really, really, really good.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • edmet
dont forget we are getting syndergaard too. buck is short term insurance, tho he s,u,x,
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • bucknerismyhero
Buck may not be completely useless. He still has pop and plays a reasonably credible catcher. I would rather have him back there than slap Thole. Teams have worse back-up catchers...
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546499.8 was deleted
  • 12/16/12
  • reinman43
I will go with that too, to bad Thole was so sub par, at times especially last season he was downright awful about the only thing he did do ok was catch Dickeys knuckleball, perhaps they can package him with Dickey to the Jays for a mid level AA prospect imo he is not a major league calliber player.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • KLake409
Yeah the Mets Crack Medical team looked and them and aren't concerned!. LOL :)
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/16/12
  • bucknerismyhero
Not a doctor, and I understand the importance of knees to a catcher, but I do believe that PCL injuries are one of the easier ligaments in the knee to recover from. I would fully expect him to be healthy come spring training, and it sounds like the Mets feel the same way.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • FUKISAN
calling dr moe,dr larry and dr curly.please respond to xray.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • sheadro
Let's hope it's not the crack team sent in to review JJ Putz' records
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • murphstates
The irony of this deal is if d"Arnaud hits the way we all hope he can they'll be looking to get him out from behind the plate long term.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

I'm sure they said the same thing about Piazza. Let's wait and see.

Oh, and Posey too.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • 86kid

>>>"The irony of this deal is if d"Arnaud hits the way we all hope he can they'll be looking to get him out from behind the plate long term."<<<

I've been thinking that same thing too. I can totally see them maybe thinking about putting him at another position some years down the road. He is suppose to be athletic - not your run of the mill big bulky type of catcher. Anyway, it is something to think aabout for down the road if needs be.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • murphstates

The Giants have been talking about moving Posey since he hit the big leagues. This is on MLB Trade Rumors right now.

"One scout says the Mets should at have some concern about the posterior collateral ligament injury that sidelined d’Arnaud for much of last season, writes Mike Puma of the New York Post. “It’s not great for catchers, but nowadays they do a super job rehabbing these injuries and he’s young,” the scout said. “I like the bat along with the defense. I could see him as maybe a catcher and first-base combo.”

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • FUKISAN
haha,crack team indeed.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • murphstates
Just as an example, Posey started 111 games at catcher and 29 at first base.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • bbjmparis
I see him as a prospect/suspect with a bum knee. This is what you trade a CY winner for? Not if you're smart. We're not.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Beautiful play!
Latest by elguapo111 - 12:10 PM
Since those first 3 games...
Latest by ewok54 - 12:10 PM
Brian McCann
Latest by Bwaah - 12:07 PM
Knock Collins all you want!
Latest by elguapo111 - 12:05 PM
Chris Young batting .200, anyone surprised?
Latest by elguapo111 - 12:03 PM
Oh, and BTW.. Davis is 0-9 and at .227
Latest by panthernet - 12:03 PM
Minor League Baseball
Latest by miracl3met - 12:00 PM
Musician Name Game
Latest by jereviens - 11:54 AM
It's a shame we passed on Abreu and Cruz...
Latest by ucpatoi - 11:53 AM
Three Funniest Posters
Latest by jereviens - 11:43 AM