• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• if it gos through as im reading it,this could be good
  • To:All
  • 12/16/12
  • skorpio520

I know some are upset that dickey is (probably) being traded but look at the haul we get back.D'arnaud- potentially the next buster posey. syngaard- their third ranked prospect to go along with harvey,wheeler and niese in the future rotation of the ny mets.im a little wary of the generation k effect but im willing to roll the dice. john buck-honestly id rather have apa than buck but buck would be a suitable back up.i remember i was just a few years ago he actually did show some power and ability.i dont hate his being included aslong as the jays are taking on some of his money. another prospect,who? maybe another catcher? hopefully a outfielder thats not really elite but decent.

and we are giving up.Dickey-yes it hurts but i have to be honest.i havent really been happy with some of his tactics this year,and maybe that makes me miss him less.but it does stink,and i wish him well.and thole- who cares? non elite prospect, whoever it is i doudt he'll be missed.i heard that three catchers were involved,so aslong as it isnt plawecki im good.

great pull for us.but does nothing for our outfield situation. im sorry,but i still think micheal bourne is worth talking about.i dont think we should sign both ross and bourne because theres some pretty good outfielders available next year that i like more than i like ross.but bourne is 29,has no injury history,and is the best lead off hitter that is available in the next 2-3 years.we have ellsbury next yr but the dude gets hurt ALOT. with this trade we just unloaded 5 million more off the books plus whatever thole was making...so...

bourne 5 years
year 1-11 million
year 2-15
year 3-15
year4-13
year5-11

thats a good contract in my opinion for a guy that always steals 40 plus bags a year.theres no reason we cant afford this.if he doesnt accept it.ok.move on.i wouldnt go higher than that.but atleast try.

thoughts?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • thebobymon
Too pricey.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/16/12
  • skorpio520
the only thing i gotta say though is,i was kind of hoping rasmus would be involved.yeah hes kinda light on average but he does show some power and would a good threat in the bottom of the order
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • skorpio520
if thats too pricey then thats kind of sad.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • edmet
i agree with taking a shot at bourn. your salary numbers ok, i would do it differently, but i wont quibble. the point is mets should try, i think he is attainable. he fills 2 big needs, cf and leadoff.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • skorpio520
how would you do his salary numbers?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • PutItInTheBOOKS
I mean i know 29 is not that old (In real life) but we are talking baseball here. Just does not seem to fit the plan right now. Young INFUSION
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • skorpio520

i get it,i do.but we have to mix provens in here aswell as youth. hes 29 with no injury history. if we are relying on our own system and ONLY our own system,then honestly i wish the mets had just did david a favor and traded him.
because its gonna take a LONG TIME to find the right mix to win.

you cannot have JUST youthful prospects.

Edited 12/16/12   by  skorpio520
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • PutItInTheBOOKS
Yes you said it yourself you can't just have Youthful prospects. They are trying to build around David thats why they signed him hes our franchise player. Even though I hate the Yankees extremely bad I will give you an example DEREK JETER
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • 4545_ajd
I doubt the Mets are going to give up the 11th overall pick to the Braves in order to sign Bourne, I can see it more likely they sign Ross/Hairston or trade for Bourjos.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • MetObserver
Aren't the first 15 picks protected? Wouldn't the Braves get a sandwich pick and our second rounder?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • skorpio520
the yankees didnt build a team within their own system,like the mets are trying to do.jeter came through their system,along with pettite and posada and later on cano.and they built their team with other ppls superstars .
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • skorpio520
thought the first 15 were protected?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • skorpio520
bourjos? ug! would rather give den dekker a shot than give up anything for him
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • edmet
bourn doesnt seem to have a lot of suitors, yet anyway. i would offer 3 or 4 yrs with a player opt out after the first yr. 1st yr $10m, remaining yrs $13m per. if he isnt getting the offers he wants, boras might go for this. if he opts out, likely if he has a good yr, den dekker is a yr older and readier and we had bourn at a good price for 1 yr. if he doesn't opt out, we are set in cf for 2 or 3 more yrs. i would not offer a no trade, but a $500k trade bonus (the acquiring team can be made to pay that, music to fred's ears).
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • abbymart
Not many teams are built entirely through their farm these days, but with all the talk about the Yanks buying championships....Jeter, Posada, Pettite, Williams, Mariano all came through the system and I don't think the Yanks are as successful in the 90's early 2000 if even one had not been there
  • Reply to this Message