• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Look to Bourjos or Borbon for center field next season
  • To:All
  • 12/16/12
  • stearnsy12

both players are young enough to be around for a while and contribute and can add speed and defense up the middle

Bourjos has no place to play since Hamilton was signed and Borbon played the entire season at AAA as the Rangers have Gentry and Martin penciled in ahead of him vying for center

not sure what the cost would be but those would be two targets i'd call about

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • DFAB
Bourjos would be a decent pickup but only for minimal players/lower prospects. He isn't anything special.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • stearnsy12
i think if you look more closely at his career numbers you'd think more highly of him
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • DFAB
Bourjos? Idk...he had a .271 BA in 2011 which is decent...though given his 502 ABs he had that year, the 124 K's he had is a bit high....not the greatest attribute for leading off. He would hit a good amount of triples and probably steal around 20-25 bases. His OBP is certainly nothing special. Good defense. I wouldn't be opposed to getting him but I'd never consider giving up anything of significance for him. If Dickey went to LA, I'd expect he would be the additional player in the trade on top of Trumbo.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • stearnsy12
nope,not saying we should have given up Dickey for Bourjos,just that he's a potential target to play centerfield coming from a team that might be motivated to deal him
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • PutItInTheBOOKS
We desperately do need some young players in the OF GOOD ONES
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • stearnsy12
and Bourjos is the same age as Den Dekker believe it or not so he's someone who can patrol center for us for years
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • stearnsy12

Bourjos and Borbon fill the criteria of being young AND having a ML resume

i think either of them would come at a reasonable price and could potentially be fixtures for years

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/16/12
  • stearnsy12
neither one of these guys may be as good as Bourn now but they're younger(Bourjos will be 26 and Borbon 27 next season),play good defense,offer some speed,and won't cost us 50-60 million dollars
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • PutItInTheBOOKS
How do we get them? What will it take? MDD and Nimmo are quite a ways away. Not so much MDD but Nimmo yes. Being our only OF Prospects
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • stearnsy12
i don't really know what it would take,probably less for Borbon than Bourjos,but worth the call to try to get either of them
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • PrayedforBay
Idk what they would want from the Mets but I would definitely explore this.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • PutItInTheBOOKS
Exactly all we really need is a filler till Nimmo and MDD is ready. Maybe even MDD this year who knows
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • PutItInTheBOOKS
Does anyone want Duda for a DH because his fielding is atrocious
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • PrayedforBay
I doubt he turns any heads at this point.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • MetObserver
Bourjos because he is a right handed bat would work but Borbon is left handed and we have too many of those in the outfield already.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546489.17 was deleted
  • 12/16/12
  • stearnsy12

true,but i'd rather get talent and worry righty/lefty later

and remember Duda,Kirk,Baxter,and Den Dekker are ALL lefty!!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • stearnsy12
yep,and he might be inexpensive
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • kaztast1c

I'd go with Borbon of the two. He put up a very nice season in AAA where he could have just given up as he is now the Rangers 6th or 7th OFer. Career WAR of 1.8 is nice as well as his A+ Range in the OF. Most importantly when considering this team lately....cheap.

Shows you what great organizational depth the Rangers have in the OF when a guy with a career 1.8 WAR couldn't even crack the Rangers lineup for a single game.

• Reply to this Message