• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• rasmus/bonofacio/gose
  • To:All
  • 12/16/12
  • pujols2010
I'm not so sure one of these guys are not part of the deal..all three can play center and I know the reports indicate that there is no OF piece but I don't think anyone knows for sure of anyone that is involved besides TDA and dickey..I would like to have any one if them 3.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546488.2 was deleted
  • 12/16/12
  • stearnsy12
the only trade that would have made sense involving Ike was for a couple of top notch pitchers from the Rays earlier in the offseason but that window has since been shut
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • DFAB
that would be a horrible trade...
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546488.5 was deleted
  • 12/16/12
  • pujols2010
No way..you dnt create a hole at 1st to fill one with a lower caliber player
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 546488.7 through 546488.8 were deleted
  • 12/16/12
  • abbymart
I agree with what you said. However, 2013 is a big year for Ike. He needs to put it all together
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • nvmets10
Bonifacio has a career OPS of .671. He's not a good offensive player. Outside of speed, he brings absolutely nothing to the table.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • pujols2010
Without Ikr we have absolutely zero power and boomed to protect wright..can bonofacio do that?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546488.12 was deleted
  • 12/16/12
  • pujols2010
I like him too but I dnt think we need to pay with ike..I thnk we should have tried to package anyone of these 3 guys to man cf
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546488.14 was deleted
  • 12/16/12
  • spydermet
And if he doesn't until 2014? Ike is young with his whole career ahead of him and is entrenched at 1st. This isn't a make or break year for him. Having a down year won't mean he will no longer be in the game.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • spydermet

"I've never been sold on Davis. He can't protect Wright against lefties anyway. And I would've traded Wright too and played Turner instead."

I'll bet you also wanted Dickey traded. Your version of this team is worse than many minor league teams. No Dickey, No Wright, No Davis? Who would you like to see on this team (realistically) to help us win some games? Forget Upton, Stanton and other fantasy acquisitions.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • abbymart
I'm not suggesting that Ike be run out of baseball if he has a bad year. Assuming he plays a full year he'll have 1700 ML AB's. Injured foot, valley fever, missed time so he's rusty. I get it, but IT'S TIME. Show us what you got, Ike.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546488.18 was deleted