• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Looking ahead to '14, when we'll supposedly have money
  • To:All
  • 12/16/12
  • KB24NYM

Top FA OF on the market will be Choo, Ellsbury, Granderson, Carlos Gomez, Beltran, Nelson Cruz, and Pence...some of those guys may be extended...but of all of them my preference would be

(1) Choo
(2) Gomez
(3) Ellsbury

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • metthunder
I'm starting to wonder if they'll ever have money
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • piazza5715
We'll have the money when the team is ready to compete. No need to spend big money on free agents when the team isn't ready to take the next step. This team simply isn't competing with the Nationals,Braves, or Phillies in the NL East. Take the money and spend it in the draft. If the Dickey deal goes down as expected the Mets prospect list is starting to look really good. Harvey,Wheeler,D'Arnaud,Sydnergaard,Cecchini,Nimmo,Fulmer and a host of other good young arms in sytem. Keep in mind we pick #11 in the 2013 draft and we have 2 early second round picks. I've stayed patient and Alderson and company are building this organization the right way.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • thebobymon

Where did you hear this?

All Jeff said was we will increase payroll NEXT year.

Dispelling the myth of adding to payroll THIS year.

Next year Jeff will have something similar to say, because we will be distracted by something else.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • Matt H
Would be awesome if we sign Choo next offseason. He seems like someone Sandy would like. Just a matter of how many years and price. Pirate's closer is also a free agent next season.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • dejavu1
My guess: look ahead to 2015. much more likely for that to be our year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • djiboutirox
id go after martin prado, maybe, if not theres not much i like on the market
  • Reply to this Message