• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• We should NOT TRADE MORE PITCHING AFTER THIS
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • KB24NYM

We got our catcher (on the cheap), use the supposed budget on Ross or someone of that nature and call it a DAY.

Yeah losing a 38yo SP for two flat out studs is incredible if it hopefully works out, but that doesn't mean we should continue to trade from a place of strength. Keep Niese, Harvey, Wheeler, Syndergaard...only one I would trade is Gee.

• Reply to this Message
Message 546472.2 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • DFAB
we should have close to 30m to spend if Dickey is traded...that is of course if ownership wasn't lying about payroll AGAIN...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • alex8686
I'd flip Syndegaard together with Niese and Flores for Upton.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • KB24NYM

NOT if we're taking back Buck too...where do you get the 30M figure from? Not calling you out, just would like to hear the breakdown.

By the way, you were right dude...you said all along Sandy shouldn't deal him unless its for a beast package, well we got that, PROPS

• Reply to this Message
Message 546472.6 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • 4545_ajd

"NOT if we're taking back Buck too...where do you get the 30M figure from? Not calling you out, just would like to hear the breakdown"

Reports were Toronto could also be sending money in the deal.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • alex8686
Ok, you're ignored. You consistently have the most classless posts here.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • Oldfan

I'd trade Niese under the right circumsatnce.

Two top prospects who are close to ML-ready - a pitcher and an OFer

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • DFAB
well, SA/wilpons said that the payroll will about at about 100m numerous times. I believe the payroll is currently around 75m or so. That would leave us 25m to spend. If Dickey's 5m is traded, that would be 30m. Buck's salary is unknown on our end since we don't know how much we are paying...but we still do have at LEAST 25m.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 546472.11 through 546472.12 were deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • metthunder
trade Duda
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • 4545_ajd

"SA/wilpons said that the payroll will about at about 100m numerous times. I believe the payroll is currently around 75m or so. That would leave us 25m to spend. If Dickey's 5m is traded, that would be 30m."

I would hope so but I am afraid we are going to hear a lot of "circumstances have changed" talk.

• Reply to this Message
Message 546472.15 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • KB24NYM
I wouldnt even do 2 of those for Upton
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • alex8686
For "just" Upton? Um, hello, but we'd probably have to add something to that to get Upton.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • alex8686
You really think so? On our end? I'd make that trade in a minute. The Dbacks probably wouldn't though.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • marvelousmarvin
I'd move Niese for a difference maker in the OF. Wheeler is going to be up sometime in 2013. Meju=ia, though a bit uneven coming back from TJ has had success in the majors. Gee will be healthy. We have some good arms in the minors, though not necessarily at the AAA level. But, geez, that outfield we have is putrid.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • alex8686
Wow. You're crazy then. The Dbacks say no to that just in case you're wondering. I mean come on the guy is a 25 year old middle of the order bat. That deal isn't getting it done for Justin Upton.
  • Reply to this Message