• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• GOOD READ ON SYNDEGAARD, HAS TOPPED OUT AT 99 MPH
Message 546470.1 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • ddiscostu
So he throws almost as fast as Parnell ?
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 546470.3 through 546470.4 were deleted
  • 12/16/12
  • trigg3r
He doesn't know how to pitch yet. He certainly can learn though. If you get him, take your time with him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/16/12
  • fearthedoc
Look. If I was you guys and, and saw that you got both d'Arnaud and Syndergaard.....I would be one VERY happy Mets fan. I already hate this deal as a Jays fan.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • PrayedforBay
Jeez you guys are getting a CY Young.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546470.8 was deleted
  • 12/16/12
  • fearthedoc
One year though. If Dickey does sign that rumored extension my spirits will change. If not, I can't sacrifice this much future for one great year. It's not how I would operate.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • bbjmparis

Who is Synde...and why does he need to be Gaarded?

He's just another guy who throws hard and has no command of his pitches. The minors are full of them. They're a dime a dozen. We have pleanty of our own already. Two of them pitched for us last year. Mejia and Familia. Both Stink. So does this guy.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • fearthedoc

"While losing a pitching prospect is always a bummer, this is how teams operate that are contending for October baseball. You should be thankful the Jays are in such a position."

I'm not arguing that Dickey isn't a brilliant pitcher. He's amazing. It's our two best prospects though who have 12 years of service time at a team-friendly salary.

That's about 8 cheap years (arbitration) vs 1 cheap and 2 moderately expensive ones.

Edited 12/16/12   by  fearthedoc
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546470.12 was deleted
  • 12/16/12
  • PrayedforBay
Well im guessing Dickey would be amenable to signing an extension. Its been said that he is interested in doing so. He knows that there is a risk going into the season unsigned beyond this year. At 38 years old he wants the security.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • MetObserver
You forgot to add "for a proven ML quality pitcher" With a strong lineup behind him Dickey is liable to win more than 20 games in the ALEast.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546470.15 was deleted
  • 12/16/12
  • spydermet

"But he knows how to pitch, has done it almost all his life and has command."

When did he start throwing 100 mph with pinpoint accuracy? 3 yrs old? Almost all his life=HAHAHA. He is in A ball and has a long way to go. Another thread suggested that he's dropping his curveball and trying to incorporate a slider. He's yrs away from the Majors. As much talent and potential as he may have, let's not over-hype him. I don't see him as an impact player for the next 3-4 yrs.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • MetObserver
Very true, in fact he can say the 2/26 was a home town discount and ask for a little more. Personally I hope he gets it and I will be watching every time he pitches against the yanks. Well maybe not live, I like to DVR their games and only watch if they lose. Much less angst that way.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Baseball Name Game
Latest by jereviens - 11:57 PM
Favorite Easter Basket Candy
Latest by metman79 - 11:54 PM
ANYONE EXCITED FOR MLB THE SHOW ON PS4?
Latest by bonillasonlyfan - 11:54 PM
Secret Service Threatened Mr. Met's Life
Latest by bmcneely - 11:50 PM
Wilmer Flores with 7 RBI already
Latest by bucknerismyhero - 11:38 PM