• sheadro

Dickey/Thole/Prospect (not elite)

TDA/Syndegaad/Buck/not elite prospect or cash

Says that this is the current deal via twitter

Edited 12/15/12   by  sheadro
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • jets_mets
Can someone tell me a bit more about syndegaard. Is he that good of a prospect? Was really hoping we'd get an outfield prospect too.

Edited 12/15/12   by  jets_mets
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • murphstates
Cash? Toronto's taking on more salary than they're giving back.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546467.4 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
Because we are taking back Buck
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • murphstates
Dickey and Thole cancel out Buck and Toronto has to extend Dickey at a much higher salary going forward.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
Yes but this is not the NBA where you have to match salaries. It is extra to sweeten the pot. Keep in mind the market for pitchers we just entered into. It's a bullish to put it midley. Maybe build tremendous organizational pitching depth which this trade accomplishes is a very smart move.

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
Sherman sounds very confident this is the deal. But says there is still a lot of leg work and might not happen until Monday. Yuck. But he believes framework is done

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • murphstates

Hey, I'd take the money too, I just can't believe Toronto would throw cash in.

I like this deal much better than d'Arnaud/Gose. Snydergaard looks like he has front of the rotation potential. Now lets flip an arm for an outfield bat.

• Reply to this Message
Message 546467.10 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • murphstates
I could be a little more patient if there weren't half a dozen other teams looking for outfield bats, including two in our division.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
This would be a great package and what the return for Dickey in this market should be. keep in mind though that last night it was Gose in the deal and that changed...so stay cautiously optimistic for your own sanity
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
I'm willing to concede next year lol. Clearly it is about the future for this team which is suddenly looking pretty bright. We need to build an outfield but I'm willing to wait for the right pieces than committing long term to any piece.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • NorthOf49

I very much doubt the Jays are also going to give up Syndergaard. And if they would, then the deal would be done already.

The Sherman/Puma report is a deal that was on the table, presumably from the Mets. It takes two teams to agree to a deal.

• Reply to this Message
Message 546467.15 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • Lipchitz
We know the leaks are from the Mets.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546467.17 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
I guess we will see. But this is exactly the kind of deal Sandy has demanded and the type of deal that the market has suggested Dickey is worth. it's the only rumor but one that is confirmed by 2 sources now. I'll wait and see how it plays out.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546467.19 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • 4545_ajd
I like the not elite part, that is the only thing that had me worried but now I am good. Wow this would be a great trade.
  • Reply to this Message