going to the Phillies apparently
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • ManWithNoName
Good. I don't want him on the Mets.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • DFAB
he is a young solid left handed pitcher... why not?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • ManWithNoName
He's not really good, would rather see what Mejia could do in the same spot. Not like Lannan would fit in any long-term plans.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • DFAB
Lannan would have been a very solid pickup. Mejia will be a part of the BP long term IMO. Lannan as a #4/5 in our rotation would have been a great pickup. Since he is relatively young, he COULD have been a part of the future as a veteran presence in the rotation. Dickey and Santana will be gone.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • ManWithNoName
Would <suck to have a bunch of young, exciting, great pitchers and then Lannan being your veteran considering he's not very good.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546433.7 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • DFAB
You speak of him as if he STINKS. He is a solid pitcher...it's not like we are getting Jamie Moyer...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • FDNY39T

Hmmmmmmmm.....

Down on Jamie Moyer, I see.

Oh, I understand your point: The Mets are just loaded with guys who have won 267 games.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • thebobymon
Thank goodness.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • spydermet
Now who replaces Neise if we include him with Dickey or trade him for prospects? This off=season seems to be falling apart on us. Fans on this board seem happy, though , to have a team of Wright and Minor Leaguers.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • djiboutirox
barely functional starter. dont care.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • hammr1952
perfect for the old folks home
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • jt28da
I got to see him here in Syracuse quite a few times and he was awful! He pouted for being here, and pitched like he didn't have a care in the world. Possibly going to a division team could put a big chip on his shoulder and he'll try to stick it to the nats, but this is not a team guy or a guy with really good stuff...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • gomets66

This off=season seems to be falling apart on us>>>>

the mets are building for 2014 and beyond. this dickey trade is a perfect example of that. if it ever gets done.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • bmcneely
What about Johnathan Sanchez? I remember a few years back there were some people on here who wanted to trade Reyes for Him Lol., I'd love if Mets took a risk on Sanchez or Jurijens instead of bringing back Young. I also wouldn't be surprised if they went back to Pelf for a 1 year deal.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • DFAB
Guess you missed the point...
  • Reply to this Message