• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Top catching prospect in baseball...
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • alex8686
is coming our way if Dickey signs an extension. Sandy is getting the job done adding Wheeler and D'Arnaud. Not to mention adding Nimmo. The system and team is already much healthier.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • ManWithNoName
I always wonder something though...

When Minaya was hear, we heard he only wanted Latino players.

Now Alderson's head, and coincidentally, the majority of the moves have been made for Caucasian players. Where's the threads?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • bkvega
We have to get Gose and D' Arnaud anything else would not be a good deal
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • dejavu1
Saw a report that had our farm system ranked #2 in the majors. I think we have a lot of under rated talent in our system. Soon our starting pitching and bullpen will be extremely dominant and with this acquisition, and maybe one more power hitter next offseason, we'll have a balanced lineup.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • dejavu1
you wouldn't be satisfied with darnaud syndegaard?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • mets13385
That's not going to happen for just Dickey.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • 4545_ajd

"Now Alderson's head, and coincidentally, the majority of the moves have been made for Caucasian players. Where's the threads? "

Francisco, Torres, Ramirez, Cedeno

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • stearnsy12

he traded for Torres and Ramirez and then signed Francisco.....

maybe there aren't any threads because there isn't anything to it

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • abbymart
We need to get young black youth back into baseball. But that's another topic
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • dejavu1
getting darnaud period "wasn't going to happen" either. have patience and lets see what the deal actually is.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • alex8686
Beats me. I guess people are happy with white players.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • ManWithNoName
Majority, thinking irrationally, like them, in that the team has become predominantly white.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • ManWithNoName
There was never anything to it; that's my point.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • mets13385
One can hope, but I'm just saying, don't hold your breath. I'd be happy with just d'Arnaud at this point.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • ManWithNoName
Have to compete with football, basketball. Had a scholar once on WFan, talked a lot about how underprivileged communities you typically see other sports given the equipment needed for baseball, was really a good segment, wish I would have recorded it or something.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • alex8686
Gose isn't in the deal according to Joel Sherman. I hope he's wrong but it doesn't look like they're going to part with both.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • 4545_ajd

"Majority, thinking irrationally, like them, in that the team has become predominantly white. "

Niese, Harvey, Murphy, Duda, Ike, Parnell, Kirk, Thole were all Drafted by Minaya.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • dejavu1

It's not a hope. It's logical. Look at the demand for pitchers. Don't listen to the reporters, they have absolutely no idea what is going on behind closed doors. Just the other day people like Heyman and Rosenthal (reputable reporters) were claiming that Dickey wouldn't get much more than Arencibia. To move him the ends have to justify the means, and that would mean 2 top prospects.

Be patient. I think you having a pleasant surprise is more likely than me being let down.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • ManWithNoName
" thinking irrationally, "

Those same points stood when those complaint threads use to pop up, made by guys like cobra.

They ignored them and only considered what the lineup looked like throughout the years, and that Minaya only gave out money to his Latino "friends," like Perez.

The point is on the irrationality of it all, not the actual happenings.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • ManWithNoName

Stuff like this: "Minaya wanted his Latino amigo Jerry Manuel to be manager the entire time..."
Despite him...you know, being African American.

"

THIS WHOLE "LATINO LOS METS" ERA IS AMONGST THE WORST, IF NOT THE WORST ERA IN METS HISTORY IN MY OPINION.

CERTAINLY, THERE HAVE BEEN WORSE METS TEAMS, BUT NONE HAD ANY EXPECTATIONS OR RESOURCES THAT OMAR MINAYA HAS HAD.

I AM OF THE FIRM BELIEF OMAR MINAYA MAY VERY WELL BE, THE WORST GM IN METS HISTORY WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE. THE IDIOTIC TRADES AND FA SIGNING HE HAS MADE HAVE BEEN ASTONISHING, AND HE HAS LITERALLY DESTROYED THIS METS TEAM IN A SPAN OF LESS THAN A YEAR.

HE IS TOTAL, AND COMPLETE TRASH AND I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO FAITH IN HIM WHATSOEVER. WE NEED TO BRING A GM WHO HAS NO RACIAL SIDE AGENDA, AND WHO IS INTERESTED IN FIELDING A CHAMPIONSHIP BALL CLUB.

I'M DISGUSTED AND ASHAMED OF THIS ORGANIZATION RIGHT NOW. $140 MILLION...THIS IS DISGUSTING AND OMAR SHOULD NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY AT CITI FIELD.
"

"Minaya favours Latino's, there no way around it.

"Los Mets" have become "Lost Mets"."

• Reply to this Message