• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Dont be shocked if Thole is included
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • brinked

They will need someone to catch Dickey. They are losing a catcher so they might very well be getting Thole as well.

Most of Tholes value was in that he had a special relationship with RA and he has proven he is the best at handling his knuckler.

They will want to get the most out of RA so that might mean getting his catcher too. Makes sense especially since they are losing a catcher in the trade.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • bkvega
I would be so thrilled because Thole su@!$ks
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • forceout6

LOL

TOTAL DEALBREAKER!

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • dejavu1
I would be shocked. We would a) not have a back up catcher anymore b) be selling low on thole c) be trading thole to a team who already has 2 back up catchers on their team.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546420.5 was deleted
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • 86mex17
No,.. Take my eyes but not thole! Haha

Edited 12/15/12   by  86mex17
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • Oldfan

They'd be losing their minor league catcher.

They have Arencibia and acquired Buck from the Marlins. Thole would be too many catchers.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • cjct

oh noes not THOLE!!!

stop the deal right now!

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • brinked

a. back up catchers are easy to find. Especially light hitting ones with poor defense.

b. How would it be selling low on Thole if we don't even know the details of the trade? Nobody said to just give them Thole for nothing.

c. From what I understand they have 2 catchers in Buck and JP. It is not out of the realm of possibility to carry 3 catchers especially in the AL.

I am not saying its going to happen. But if I am Toronto I want RA to feel as comfortable as possible and the best way to do that is to have his regular catcher who understands him and who he has had a lot of success with.

Edited 12/15/12   by  brinked
  • Reply to this Message