• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Anyone getting the feeling this could all come apart?
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • stearnsy12

Texas has pulled out of trade talks leaving the Blue Jays as the lone trade partner,Toronto wants more back if it will include D'Arnaud,and Dickey has to agree to an extension before the deal can go through

i'm getting the feeling this deal is teetering on the brink

if we're going to have to include Flores and get RA to accept an extension you start to wonder whether or not Olt and a Julio Borbon might be a better deal???

• Reply to this Message
Message 546416.2 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • stearnsy12

well the latest i've read (on MLBTR) is that Toronto will "build" a deal around D'Arnaud and THEN when the players involved are decided upon the Blue Jays will approach Dickey about an extension

sounds like there's a lot that's got to go right for this deal to ultimately happen

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • murphstates

Until it's official and announced I'll be on edge.

I'll also be wondering for the next 10 years if Dickey/Niese would have brought back the Myers package from KC because right now that is looking a whole lot better than this deal.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • thebobymon
All the Blue Jays need to do is offer the Mets $5,000,001.00 and this is a done deal. No players need to be named or anything.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
I'm not worried. It's hard to believe they'd go this far to let it fall apart. Who knows though. I'll prob eat lunch, come back, and find out they were never even in serious talks the was this thing has been going
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • metthunder

it's all about being a Met fan in the 21st century

back when Cashen and Davey Johnson were running the club, you'd hear about the trade after it was done and it would be a good one in the Mets advantage almost every time. Now there are too many ears, leaks and bad rumors. Just let it all happen. The world is too neurotic.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • stearnsy12
well i have to say that if it turns out to be Dickey/Flores for D'Arnaud/Gose AFTER Dickey agrees to an extension you start to wonder...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • stearnsy12
seems to be getting MORE complicated instead of just "tying up loose ends"....we'll see
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • stearnsy12
yeah,this Twitter thing has really changed things a lot,turning the smallest of rumors into facts and allowing for blow by blow accounts of every conversation that's going on out there......
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546416.11 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • metrebel

>> well the latest i've read (on MLBTR) is that Toronto will "build" a deal around D'Arnaud and THEN when the players involved are decided upon the Blue Jays will approach Dickey about an extension

It's the same way the Santana deal went down. I thought that before the Jays gave up the to catching propect in MLB they would want to make sure they would have Dickey for at least a couple of years. It's possible this deal falls apart, but they will trade Dickey.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • viper99
Watch Sandy give up a Fullmer type prospect back.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • stearnsy12

but Santana was really looking to leave Minny while RA has said on more than one occasion he'd rather stay in NY

things may have changed with everything that's gone on with the negotiations but if this falls through??...things could get a little dicey

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • viper99
By the way, doesn't Goose strike out a lot too and if so, how is he so much better than Den Dekker or Capt Kirk?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • stearnsy12
just as long as he gets equal in return i'm ok,if he deals Dickey/Flores/Fulmer and gets D'Arnaud/Gose/Syndegaard and Barnes i could live with that
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • alex8686
Only way it falls apart is if Dickey doesn't agree to an extension. Players are already agreed upon and in place.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • stearnsy12
not really sure,he's got tremendous speed apparently and a plus arm....Kirk and Den Dekker are also unproven and especially in Den Dekker's case getting a little long in the tooth for minor league baseball
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • stearnsy12
but isn't that a big if?....Dickey agreeing to an extension i mean
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • metrebel

>> but Santana was really looking to leave Minny while RA has said on more than one occasion he'd rather stay in NY

My point saying that the Jays wanting to sign Dickey extension is the same as the Santana deal. The Twins and the Mets had to agree upon the players and then the Mets could talk to Santana about an extension which the Mets worked out with him. Santana was supposedly willing to talk with the Yanks and Red Sox. Both had made offers to the Twins. If I recall correctly the Yanks offered them Cano and the Red Sox Ellsbury. Both offers were straight up with no other players involved. The Twins waited for the Yanks and or the Red Sox to sweeten the deal, but instead both teams pulled their repective offers from the table leaving the Mets the only game in town.

>> things may have changed with everything that's gone on with the negotiations but if this falls through??...things could get a little dicey

Dickey isn't haapy with the way the Mets are handling the situation and the Mets aren't happy that he came out and voiced his being unhappy in the media. I guess he didn't tell the Mets of his displeasure first. Texas wouldn't give Sandy a package cenetered on Olt so Sandy went after the catching prospect. Had Texas and the Mets agreed on players I'm sure the Rangers would have wanted to sign Dickey to an extension. We know Sandy talked with the Rangers and Jays. Supposedly he had a conversation or two with the O's. We don't know what other teams may have called Sandy and expressed interest. I'm sure Sandy wanted Olt or this kid.

• Reply to this Message