• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Gose will be Starting center fielder
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • jsmet
Opening day most likely if he is part of the trade. I am not to thrilled about it because he has no power
But if he can at least hit then I can live with that.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • PrayedforBay

Yeah what a downgrade from Torres LOL.

Forget it, we will use what we have.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • dejavu1
I think he'll start with Wally, TBH. He's part of the future, why ruin his growth to have him start CF in 2013.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • jsmet

Yeah what a downgrade from Torres LOL

Lol

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • jsmet
I was listening to Evan Roberts. He thinks he will be starting out fielder opening day.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
I would expect him to be. It's possible he could lose out to Kirk or Den Dekker in the spring, but you have to think it would be his position to lose
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • dejavu1
If he's ready then I see no harm. But from what I've seen he's only played one season in AA?? He could definitely use one more year of seasoning if thats teh case....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • PutItInTheBOOKS
They are in desperate need of a lead off hitter with some speed. Remember when Reyes was a terror on the basepath to the pitchers on the mound. That would be great to add that to a lackluster base stealing team already
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • 4545_ajd
He hit 16 HRs in AA last year, so I wouldn't say no power.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • PrayedforBay
All we need for him is to focus on defense and getting on base... and getting on base, and getting on base, then stealing the base.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
Hmmm maybe he should start in the minors then. It seems like we are water-boarding our players down there until they can recite an entire Moneyball chapter on OBP.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • PrayedforBay
Goses game is in his legs. It's really that simple.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546400.13 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • jsmet

He hit 16 HRs in AA last year, so I wouldn't say no power

I dont know where you get your stats from but . What I found is he has like 5 home runs. Since he has been in the minor leagues

• Reply to this Message
Message 546400.15 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • MetObserver

Gose hit 16 in AA in 2011 and 5 in AAA last year in fewer at bats because he had 166 at bats in Toronto.

So yes his stats are correct. And since he has been in the minor leagues he has had 30 hrs.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • jsmet
Thanks
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
Right now but he is prototypical raw athletic prospect with all the speed and defensive tools. How he develops the hitting tools will determine whether he is Carlos Gomez or Michael Bourne. I think it's clear that our FO and scouts think they can polish the diamond in the rough here judging my their insistence in getting him in this deal. Since Sandy took over, and changed the philosophy and some personal they seem to be doing a lot with a lot less so I have some cautious optimism

Edited 12/15/12   by  sheadro
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • AdrianMonk

He's a lifetime .223 hitter. Torres-II
  • Reply to this Message