• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• D'Arnaud and Gose Are Definitely Heading to Queens!
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • CHOOin2014

As per Martino of the Daily News.

He doesn't know who else is leaving along with Dickey. Hopefully, Thole =T

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • 86kid

I would not be surprised if Thole is going in the exchange, it all depends.

While Thole would seemingly be on the outs and have no place here after this trade, they may consider that D'Amaud may not be ready to come North with the team out of spring training. Thus, they may keep Thole until they are sure Travis is ready to take over.

Ideally, I'd think you want Travis to be backed up by a veteran backup - at least until that draft pick out of Purdue, Kevin Plawecki, is ready to come up and be the backup.

Edited 12/15/12   by  86kid
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546398.3 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • jsmet
What happened to shoppach hes no longer on the team?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • 3bwright

This could be some trade coming down the weekend

When (did not say if) we get TDA hopefully the fan base will just let him play at first and not judge him in his first 30 - 50 ABs

There will be an adjustment at first to the BIG LEAGUES -- all way is

Then again I would say that to any young player harvey wheeler nimmo who ever

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • jsmet

I still think many are writing Thole off to quickly<

I dont blame them. Instead of him improving he was getting worse last year.
He couldnt hit himself out of a paper bag.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • MetObserver
No he was signed only for last year. He is a free agent.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546398.8 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • 3bwright

fan base all ways does that

thole is just on a list of many former players

our fan base has to stop this the game is hard enough then having to hear it from all of us

When I was a kid I killed Doug Sisk for this bad outings in the mid 80s but now I do not boo players when they make a bad play I close my eyes shake my head sometimes say D@MN

The players know they made a mistake and we need to make the game easier on them

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
I wish I shared your faith in Thole. I think he can be a servicable backup though
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 546398.11 through 546398.12 were deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • MetObserver
Mostly because he was always catching Dickey. With a knuckle baller you are going to get Passed balls especially when that pitcher throws faster than a normal KB pitcher.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • PutItInTheBOOKS

I have a plan sign Olivio as the backup C, Sign Cody Ross for some power than we have a line up like this. Sign Lannan till Wheelers available or use a in house fill in

Gose CF
Tejada SS
Mr. Wright 3B
Ike Davis 1B
Cody Ross RF
Duda - LF
Murph 2B
D'Arnaud C

Niese
Harvey
Santana
Gee
Lannan/ Familia / Meijia / Wheeler

Im not good at making lineups can someone help me out with the order that would be best I kind of just stuck them in there not knowing who bats the best in which hole

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • 3bwright

Thole is a nice player but he is in a group in the back of the pack of starting catchers

Problem with Josh he has a good bat with little to no power and will need ABs to keep his skills up

but he is not a top catcher ---- He calls a good game good at blocking in dirt --- passed balls have been a problem (catching dickey is not easy) but it is not all because of dickey

• Reply to this Message