7. D'Arnaud-C
8. Tejada-SS
9. Pitcher

1. Santana
2. Niese
3. Harvey
4. Gee
5. Lannan(until Wheeler ready)

When Wheeler comes up Lannan will most likely be starting for Santana who will most liekly be injured once again.

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • davesod5
Bench: Thole C, Nieuwenhuis-CF, Hicks-SS/2B, Turner-UTIL, and whoever wins a spot in spring training
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • PrayedforBay
Im cautioned by Ross' splits. Remember the last time we signed an outfielder from Boston. hehehehe not doing that again.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • stearnsy12

not a big fan of Ross,he was brutal away from Fenway and for the years/money we'd be better off putting Kirk/Hairston in right field,with the limited financial resources of this ownership i don't want 20-25 million or so tied up in Ross for the next 2-3 years

Lannan would be an ok 5th starter to sign if the price is right

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • nvmets10
I do like this idea even more now, especially since Ross would allow some pressure to be taken off D'Arnaud. Otherwise, you might just have to bat him 5th.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • nvmets10
People keep mentioning these splits, but you cannot ignore the fact that he put up that EXACT same full season twice with Florida.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • 4545_ajd
Valdespin will also be on the bench
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • PrayedforBay

Right but there is also the fact that we just got done with a "good" outfielder from Fenway. And those splits makes me feel like he got too comfy there.

Its not like Ross is the answers. And the whole reason why we are trading Dickey is because we cant make those sorts of moves.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
I like the idea of turning our focus on Ross now. He makes a lot of sense. Lannan I don't see as a priority right now. I think Sandy should put all his resources and effort in outfield (Ross/Scottie) and bullpen. I'm fine with seeing what's left on the starters market later rather than sooner and see if we can find some value there.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • Oldfan

Mets should have 25 mil to spend.

Get Bourn (LF), Lannan and a BP arm.

Spend a little more and bring back Hairston.

Gose
Bourn
Murphy
Wright
Davis
d'Arnaud
Duda/Hairston
Tejada

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • nvmets10

Based on his time with Florida, really do think those splits for Ross were an aberration. Unless you have long term evidence, home-away splits don't tend to be that meaningful.

And as far as having money "tied up", we will already be shedding $40 million with Bay, Santana, and Francisco coming off after 2013, plus consider the fact that we're only at $70 million or so right now.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • CHOOin2014
As will Baxter.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • CHOOin2014

Bourn will likely require $15M per for at least 3 seasons (using B.J. Upton as template).

No thanks. He's already on the wrong side of 30 and his game is predicated on his speed.

If rumors are true and Gose is coming, we no longer have a need for a speedy, defensive outfielder...

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • stearnsy12

but his time with Florida ended in 2009,his '10 and '11 seasons were not very good at all and last year he feasted at Fenway and was abysmal away from Boston

i think it would be a mistake to sign this guy for 2013 and beyond based on his 2008 and 2009 seasons in FLA and his home numbers at Fenway Park as a righty

all i'm saying is buyer beware especially if he's looking for 10 million + per year

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • dejavu1

I'd be interested in signing Brian Wilson, first and foremost. We need to solidify our bullpen somehow.

Dont know much about Ross but a 2 year deal seems in order at about 7-8 mill per.

I like the idea of Lannan too.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • nvmets10

Eh, I certainly don't look at Bay first and foremost as a guy from Fenway. We can't be scared to make moves based on what happened with Jason Bay.

It doesn't seem to me that we're trading Dickey for that reason. It simply makes the most sense for the organization right now. Of course you take these kind of prospects who can be staples of the organizations for years to come for a 38 year old. We had too many holes to fill them ALL in free agency, but there's no reason why we couldn't fill a couple.

To me, Ross makes a nice complementary piece.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • stearnsy12

if you can sign Ross for 7 million a year for 2 years he'd be worth the gamble but i still wouldn't expect 20/80 from him

for that matter i'd probably rather give Hairston a 2 year/5 million per year deal and have him play right

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • 86kid

>>>"not a big fan of Ross,he was brutal away from Fenway and for the years/money we'd be better off putting Kirk/Hairston in right field,with the limited financial resources of this ownership i don't want 20-25 million or so tied up in Ross for the next 2-3 years . Lannan would be an ok 5th starter to sign if the price is right"<<<

My thoughts exactly. This is still likely a transitional season for this team, and I don't want to over-committe on anyone right now - especially if they aren't impact players.

I have no major objection to Lannan, if we don't over-commit, but I'd also like to see Mejia in the rotation right now too.

I have a feeling the Ross will want more than we are willing to part with anyway.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • nvmets10

If he was older, I'd be more inclined to take it as a warning sign. But he's only 31.

I might agree about the price, though the reports out there say he was only looking for roughly $8 million per season.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • metthunder
I want Ross' fire and enthusiasm....I like all signings mentioned except Bourn but he would fit too, B Wilson is the one if at all ready would push all the relievers back one slot which would be a good thing. However, Jays may want another player in the mix like a Murphy or ? so Jays will add the Spiderguard (sp, sorry) pitcher who's also a very good prospect. But Duda has to go too, not in this deal, but to a team in need of 1B and DH help.
  • Reply to this Message