• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Stanton Trade???
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • c73eternal
I'm not trying to start sh_t but, is it possible to trade T. D'Arnaud and Gose (if that's truly what we're getting) and flip them with a combo of our own prospects/players to acquire a Giancarlo Stanton? Let's say we add a Flores (who probably will not crack our lineup because he's blocked) and maybe a Fulmer and Capt Kirk with D'Arnaud and Gose for Stanton. It doesn't necessarily have to be those players, just a combo. It's obvious that Stanton is disappointed in the Marlins franchise and although both teams play in the same division, these last 2-3 weeks have been crazy concerning signings and trades. I know we lose a starter in our rotation (Dickey going to Tor) and a stud Catcher but, we get a proven stud RF'er of the future. Imagine a 3-4-5 of Wright, Davis and Stanton (not necessarily in that order). I think it's possible. A pipedream,but possible. Like I said, it doesn't have to be those exact players/prospects I mentioned.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • golfbone

I'd rather take my chances with D'Arnaud.

Not too many great catchers out there and this kid is the best catching prospect in baseball. A great catcher does a lot more for a team than a stud outfielder. He's the backbone.

Stanton is a beast though. He's stil cheap. Marlins won't move him unless they get a LOT of prospects/value in return. Guy who can hit it 500 feet puts fannies in the seats.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • DFAB
A Stanton trade isn't very realistic unfortunately...and I've made trade proposals for him myself just for fun. I suggested flipping Trumbo if we got him for Dickey. Trumbo+Flores+Mejia/Familia for Stanton would be fair. Stanton is EXACTLY the guy we need...
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • 3bwright

Marlins will not trade their top player within the division

If they do move him it will be to most likely an AL team. Now once that trade goes down could the Mets try to get him from the new team after some time.

The best situation will be after a few years Mets (may) have some cash and with the young core coming add him as a FA

• Reply to this Message