• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Waiting to see who the Mets are getting back...
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • docguden16

Outside of d'Arnaud... it's anyone's guess. It looks like Gose will be included as well, but most reports have Alex Anthopoulos seeking to expand the trade to include more than a 2 for 1 package. While the Jays are obviously going all in in 2013, my guess is AA isn't necessarily looking for a current MLB player. I think he's looking for some return to stock a depleted farm.

Blue Jays top 10 prospects (5 weeks ago):
1. Travis d'Arnaud, c
2. Jake Marisnick, of
3. Noah Syndergaard, rhp
4. Aaron Sanchez, rhp
5. Justin Nicolino, lhp
6. Roberto Osuna, rhp
7. Marcus Stroman, rhp
8. Adeiny Hechavarria, ss
9. D.J. Davis, of
10. John Stilson, rhp

If the proposed trade goes through with the Mets, that means the Jays have lost their #1, #2, #5, #8 prospects in the past month and a half... leading to my speculation that AA would rather receive prospects back rather than a low level/utility current MLB player.

On the Mets end the obvious choice for an expanded deal is Flores. He no longer profiles as a middle infielder and is blocked by Wright at the corner. However, I don't think the Mets need to include Flores in the package for d'Arnaud and Gose. I think Dickey brings that back by himself.

So if the rumors are true and AA is seeking multiple players being exchanged... who else is coming and who is going? It makes little sense for the Jays to include Syndergaard in the deal (though the Mets would be thrilled) unless they're seeking a CF to replace Gose in their farm, which would mean Kirk, Den Dekker, or possibly Nimmo. The Jays could also be targeting a lower level prospect with upside like Tapia or Montero.

The rumors are endless. But regardless of who it is, today could very well lay the groundwork for the Mets playoff chances over the next 5-10 years.

It's an exciting day to be a Mets fan.

Edited 12/15/12   by  docguden16
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Baseball Name Game
Latest by jereviens - 11:57 PM
Favorite Easter Basket Candy
Latest by metman79 - 11:54 PM
ANYONE EXCITED FOR MLB THE SHOW ON PS4?
Latest by bonillasonlyfan - 11:54 PM
Secret Service Threatened Mr. Met's Life
Latest by bmcneely - 11:50 PM