• Alderson's Fan Approval Going Up?
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • BigTon
I think so.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • edmet
if he pulls this off with tda and gose, for sure.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • skorpio520

im waiting to see.im hearing that,yes,he is bringing in who could possibly be the next posey and gose and thats cool.but im also hearing we have to send other ppl aswell.
dickey and some prospects we never heard of (byw i also heard a rumor of ike davis is included,no proof thats true though) ..
so........

dickey plus one or two b or c level for prospects for gose,d'arnaud, and other guys (who?) ok. dickey and ike for d'arnaud and gose and other lower level prospects.fire him,we just got scr#wed in a deal involving a cy young award winner. dickey,flores,parnel, and another top prospect,for d'arnaud,gose and other ppl ,congrats you just traded a cy young award winner and our top prospect for a top propsect and whatever gose is..

so im waiting to see what happens.

NOW that being said.if dickeys traded for prospects.thats 5 million more dollars off the book. NO REASON we cant sign a free agent .NONE. I still think ,even though wed have gose,they should sign bourn aswell. gose in left,bourn in center,capt kirk in right,d'arnaud behind the plate. i like it.next year,we make a play for lincecum.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • PrayedforBay

Only if it gets done.. Besides removing the ominous cloud of "doing nothing during the offseason" that kills a fan-bases enthusiasm and optimism, it gives us a sense of organizational direction.

We will know what the plan is more or less.

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • forceout6
As long as its not Dickey and Niese for D'Arnaud and Gose.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • PRIMER05

But why should it? or i guess how could it not.

I think it is very easy to trade a proven pitcher. Not only did Dickey win the Cy Young last year he also has been very consistent the last 3 years. If he played on winning team?

What have we seen Sandy do so far?

Angel Pagan trade? loss
Fixing the most important thing, the bullpen? loss
Let Jose Reyes walk? loss. Look what the mets got for Beltran as a rental, what would Jose been worth?

Trade Beltran? Win

Easy to trade a great player for a prospect or two. That doesnt make you a good gm.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • BigTon
I respect that Primer,but if this deal does get done i'm gonna give Sandy some props.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • PRIMER05

props for what?

For trading a cy young award winner for prospects? Big deal. Who couldnt do that?

I bet the guy in Toronto got props for trading Holladay, of course most of the players he got would now be traded to the Mets for Dickey and drabeck who has been operated on twice

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

If he can pry a top prospect in a position where everyone is terrible, then he's a genius.

To answer your question: If he pulls this off I'll be singing his praise from a mountain top.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • forceout6
In a manly voice though, not sound of music style.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • PrayedforBay
Well then trading Holladay proved to be a wise decision, they are now in a position of contention. Instead of having tons of money tied up in Holladay, they were able to bring in a bunch of veteran help.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

'For trading a cy young award winner for prospects? Big deal. Who couldnt do that?'

I don't know... Let's try Kansas City, who wouldn't give up a top OF prospect for Dickey.

Most of the GMs in baseball would NEVER make a trade like this- It's almost too good to be true. How many catchers are out there that can actually hit? It's mind-boggling that AA is even considering this.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • PRIMER05

Huh?

Didnt they just give up top prospects for Shields?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

For Shields, yes.

Alderson offered Dickey- They said no.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • PRIMER05

Was that a one for one trade?

You think its hard to trade a cy young pitcher who is owed 5 million next year? really?

Sandy, convinced them to do it?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

Yes. He offered Dickey, the Royals declined.

Pretty sure they discussed bigger packages too, but they wanted no part of R.A.

Cy Young or not, he's still 38. People are weary of his durability over the next few years... Fair or unfair.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • PrayedforBay
They got the pitcher they wanted in Shields, I can't fault them for going after what they wanted.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • PRIMER05

You do know Dickey is a knuckle ball pitcher right? Where did you here about anyone saying durability when talking about Dickey?

Who were the other players they discussed? Or are you just guessing?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • JoseJose
Are you deluded or a FO plant? Spindy SPinsterwitz has destoyed this team on the field, added nothing positive, troed to tell us Francisco was a closer, ruined the bullpen, and put Torres in CF. He cuts the worst player the team ever had and trades a Cy Young winner and you are putting him in the Hall of Fame? HA!
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546384.20 was deleted