• What If We Got Bourn too!
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • BigTon
I would be a very happy man :)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • Tahsin

I am sorry, but I read the required contract will be multi-year at around 12-15 million per year.

It will not be wise for the Mets to be tied to an aging speed based player. There was a decent free agent article that documented the move as generally unfruitful.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • skorpio520
aging? hes 29!!!! hes worth the money.5 years,13-15 per. hed be a great pick up.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • BigTon
Juan Pierre is 35 and he's still stealing bases.I'll take Bourn for 5 years for the right price.

Edited 12/15/12   by  BigTon
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • 4545_ajd
This trade also frees up 31M that would have been spent on Dickey over the next 3 years, so I would not be surprise if they make that type of move.

Edited 12/15/12   by  4545_ajd
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
Why did we make this deal if we weren't high on Gose? I think Ross would be much more logical as a free agent target
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • piazza5715
Why would the Mets sign Michael Bourn? Give Bourn 15 million a year for 5 years to still finish in 4th place. The Mets don't have the pieces to put around Bourn or Wright. We don't have a MLB corner outfielder on the roster and the bullpen is a mess. The Mets will build the farm system and MLB roster up and then pickup a big time free agent or 2 to fill out the roster. The Mets after next season don't have alot of payroll commitments besides Wright. Be patient Mets fans and let Alderson build this thing the right way.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • Oldfan

Are the Mets definitely getting Gose?

If they are, and believe Gose is ML ready, what about in Gose in CF, Bourn in LF and a power bat in RF. It may save Bourn's legs a bit and would have a lot of speed at the top of the lineup. It would also greatly improve the outfield defense.

• Reply to this Message
Message 546383.9 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • PrayedforBay
Well we know they were prepared to do 25 mil over 3 years. But secretly we all know its 31.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • hammr1952
exactly bud.... maybe another outfielder signing.... ross? or dare i dream bourn? lol.
  • Reply to this Message