• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• another mistake
Message 546362.1 was deleted
  • 12/14/12
  • frenchsoup
because your not going to win this year or the year after that so get what you can for him so can win in the future and your gm is to cheap to pay him
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 546362.3 through 546362.4 were deleted
  • 12/14/12
  • frenchsoup
sorry if i offended but i just see the mets as to thin to do anything major u guys have good young sp tho and your future is bright
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546362.6 was deleted
  • 12/14/12
  • djiboutirox
"i hate when ppl cant us out in december"

lol we have a historically bad outfield and bullpen just stop
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • Gepett0

yeah.....it has nothing to do w/ money

and the fact that you called TDA an "unknown" means that you really don't know much about anything related to prospects

i guess the rays traded shields for an unknown too?

were mike trout and bryce harper unknowns before last year?

the mets have a good rotation even w/o dickey...but they have one of the worst lineups in baseball

its funny bc you say w/ a couple of decent ofs and an upgrade at catcher....what the f*ck do you think they are trading dickey for?

i swear, i read posts like yours and i wonder if you're ignorant or f*cking re*tarded

yeah, we are trying to trade for the best catching prospect that has come along in years and we are going to start mike nickeas...how the f*ck do you think you get the players to make the lineup better? free-agency? because that worked out for us so well in the past

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • knarf0516
The minor leaguers involved are only unknown to the uninformed. Anyone who actually follows the game would know that D'arnaud is maybe the most prized minor league prospect in the game (certainly at his position, which happens to be the most difficult position at which to find star value), and Gose is also very highly regarded.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • skorpio520
look ,i like dickey and wish him nothing but well.but for d'arnaud,depending on what else is sent over.id be happy with this trade
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • PrayedforBay
If it was such an unfair deal for the Mets then why would so many teams balk at making a deal?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • spydermet
To be fair, this could help us at catcher and in the outfield. We are getting quality back in this trade. That said, I see the Mets not willing to go to $26 mil/ 2 yrs as the real reason for this trade. They are being cheap in trading him. It could very well work out to our advantage, but I don't see the players we get as the real reason for this trade.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • PrayedforBay

Here read my last post rather than typing it all out again.

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ml-mets&tid=546348

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • eastvisitr
It's sad that a big market team has to trade a player of Dickeys caliber due to money but thats the reality we have to live with. I mean christ RA was basically giving us a discount and we were still haggling with him. With no money, and no real impact bats in the farm system other than Flores, this is the only way to improve the team for the future. Prospects are never a sure thing but I think we're getting the best package possible.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • PrayedforBay
Thats an entirely rational way of looking at this.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • Oldfan

<<"It's sad that a big market team has to trade a player of Dickeys caliber due to money but thats the reality we have to live with. I mean christ RA was basically giving us a discount and we were still haggling with him"

I don't really see it that way. Dickey was going to cost 5 mil in 2013 and if they exetended him for 2 yrs at 12 mil per, it only adds 7 mil to the 2014 and 2015 payrolls. With Santana and most of the Bay money off the books, Dickey was easily affordable.

IMO, both Wright and Dickey should have traded for the long-term health of the team. I understand why Wright stayed, which meant that if the Mets were going to look to the future, Dickey had to go.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
We are still buying that this was about the money? it was always about trading him. Not because of what he would be making, but because of what we needed

Edited 12/15/12   by  sheadro
  • Reply to this Message