• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• I don't care I still want Bourjos
  • To:All
  • 12/14/12
  • PrayedforBay

Firstly, No(Bold underlined) I'm not saying the Mets should trade Dickey for him.

We should still figure out how to get him though. He is a good CF that I would like to have. Defense matters too.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • kinerskrnr
That's fine, as long as he's not any sort of answer offensively. Although I expect him to perform better next season.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • 4545_ajd
I would rather we get Gose included with D'Arnaud, but if not I would trade him for Mejia or Familia.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • PrayedforBay

I don't know what Gose can provide really at the major league level. I have no idea what his defense is like, I admit so I'm partial to Bourjous.

And lets also be fair to Bourjous offense, he did hit .271 when he was an everyday player. He plays better when its every day, opposed to a platoon situation it appears. Perfect.

Edited 12/14/12   by  PrayedforBay
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • PrayedforBay
Also my previous post should be at you too.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • Gepett0

dude....bourjos is the most overrated 4th of ever

they hate him in la....seriously...i live here....the fans hate him and the radio hosts are praying trout can stay in center so that bourjos isnt a starter...

gose is a better defensive player, has more pop, more speed, and a better eye at the plate

gose is basically a better version of bourjos in every way and hes like 3 years younger...

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • PrayedforBay

What I know is that Bourjos is a strong defensive CF, I'll grant you I don't know much about Gose so you may be right about his defense, but Gose hasn't really played much at the ML level, so honesty I can't make a great case.

I do know that in Bourjos' 2011 season when he played every day, he hit .270 .327 OBP with 22 SB 12 HRs. Thats fine. He is a major league ready outfielder.

Right now Gose seems like a younger Andres Tores. I know its only 166ABs but with a .303 OBP with that kind of speed... this guy should be forced to do push ups every time he hits a ball in the air or swings at ball 4.

Edited 12/15/12   by  PrayedforBay
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • dmanning12

I hope you are right.
Bourjus is no MVP but as a rookie to hit 12 bombs, 11 triples 22 steals as a CF that plays great D, I think its a fantastic starting point.
Slugged over .400 also.

If you think Gose is better I will take it.

• Reply to this Message
  • 5/1/13
  • PrayedforBay

"dude....bourjos is the most overrated 4th of ever"

K thx.

• Reply to this Message
  • 5/1/13
  • Remember86
LOL. I just checked out his 2013 stats. Not much power, but can hit. Would certainly have been a darn sight better than anything we have out there. Dickey's had a tough time thus far in Toronto, but I'm sure the Angels wish they had more pitching. Could've helped both teams. But either Alderson didn't inquire, or they couldn't get together on a trade. Hopefully D'Arnaud will be as advertised (along with Syndegard). I still think the Dickey trade could turn out to be pretty one sided in our favor.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 5/1/13
  • vbch
Bourjos is on the DL now with a hamstring injury. Don't think he'll be helping the Angels or anyone else much for awhile.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
What does 14 mil+11mil +7 1/2mil =?
Latest by gatorupset - 11:44 PM
Good road trip
Latest by nym3120 - 11:44 PM
satisfied Mets fan
Latest by nym3120 - 11:33 PM
We have a big-time Closer problem going forward (IMO)...
Latest by almandareo357 - 11:31 PM
Mets 10 Game Home Stand Predictions
Latest by nym3120 - 11:29 PM
Beer
Latest by thatsrightthemets - 11:27 PM
FRENCHY PUNKED BAD!
Latest by marvelousmarvin - 11:16 PM
Cubs
Latest by gatorupset - 11:13 PM
Valverde
Latest by gatorupset - 11:11 PM
Best Starting Lineup with Everyone Healthy