• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• To:All
  • 12/14/12
  • jwcork

As a loyal fan since 1982, this is the final straw for me. I know I will be told "good riddance" but I no longer can defend the ownership of this team, nor the yes men puppets like Sandy in the front office. This organization is a disgrace and it is shameful that it is allowed to operate in the fashion it does. Truly a sad state of affairs.

These guys in the front office has no class whatsoever. Sandy is nothing more than a two-faced, spineless suit. The Mets may wind up getting some value for Dickey if they don't screw it up, but the way they treated him was anything but professional. The treatment this man deserved was far from what he received. And that tells you all you need to know about the current front office. Low-class, penny pinching owners and a front office comprised of corporate shills.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • Oldfan

<<" but the way they treated him was anything but professional. The treatment this man deserved was far from what he received"

You mean when they gave him a job when no other team would and within 3 years, gave him the opportunity to secure the financial future of his entire family for the rest of their lives.

I wish someone would come along and treat me that unprofessionally and poorly.

• Reply to this Message
Message 546355.3 was deleted
  • 12/14/12
  • jwcork
Well at least for him, he will go to a team that shows an ambition to win and not to finish in 4th place. So I guess that's a win for him.

Edited 12/14/12   by  jwcork
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • sheadro
So you want it both ways? You want the team to show ambition but do what's best for the individual over the team? The blue Jays are now the model for ambition? The same team that dealt the best pitcher in baseball a few years ago? They have a window now. They are looking to captialize. The Mets are doing the same thing they did to build the organization to get to that point by trading a big asset
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • PrayedforBay
What did they do wrong with him? If Dickey agreed with you, then why did he want to give the Mets an opportunity to sign him to a below market value extention?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • thebobymon
Yes
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • NYMETS1
If Alderson can flip RA for some young talent that he can build around, he'd be crazy not to do it.. Dickey has been a revelation but can we expect him to have a repeat of last season at age 38?... Sandy knows you deal when the player is in demand and Dickey is in demand.. it would be nice if Sandy could increase payroll; then he could have signed a couple of outfielders and keep Dickey but the Fred is not spending any more money so the only option is trades and the non-tendered players...
  • Reply to this Message