New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• D'Arnaud was a "Must Have" For Mets during Winter Meetings
  • To:All
  • 12/14/12
  • 4545_ajd

"Andy Martino ?@MartinoNYDN

Per sources, D'arnaud was a "must have" during winter mtgs for deal w TOR to happen. Unclear whether its Mets or jays who will blink on that "

Good.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • nextyearm
Keywords "who will blink"
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

That's what I like to hear.

If he can be had, the whole season is a success in my eyes. This needs to happen badly.

• Reply to this Message
Message 546336.4 was deleted
  • 12/14/12
  • nextyearm
I can see the 2nd scenerio. the Jays are in win NOW mode, and D'Anaud is only a prospct, at that a very good one.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • 4545_ajd
Why would the Mets blink now, plus they have already said they got an acceptable offer.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • sheadro
Why would we blink now when all the dominos fell right for us since then?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • nextyearm
I get that completly, but this is the Mets, Until they prove me wrong...we'll say im cautiously optimistic?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • sheadro
They just invested a ton of money in talented injury risk inJosh Johnson and Jose Reyes. The Sox are retooling and the Yankees are showing age and don't look like the lock for the playoffs this year. They have a big opportunity here, and getting a CY winner would really help their cause. gotta take advatange of the window they have to make a run at the world series

Edited 12/14/12   by  sheadro
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • nextyearm
completly get that, like I said at the same time im causiously optimistic every step on the way with this team.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546336.11 was deleted
  • To:All
  • 12/14/12
  • sheadro
Keep in mind the Jays are competing against the Mets more so than other teams bidding on RA. There is a ton of value in keeping Dickey so the Jays have to get together something very nice to make it happen. Only one centerpiece makes sense
  • Reply to this Message