• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Take a flyer on Pelfrey for 5th starter?
  • To:All
  • 12/14/12
  • Sipo8878
If Dickey is traded, would you do it?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • skorpio520
one year,not for 10 million.id try it one more time
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • nym698641
I don't think it would be a flyer, it might cost real money. Supposedly a lot of teams interested.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • skorpio520
ah well,buh bye pelf
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • gypsybiker
Should of offered him arbitration.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • ddiscostu
No ! Let him lick his fingers , bite his jersey , and lose his confidence on the mound for another team willing to overpay for him !
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • DFAB
I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Pelf back on a CHEAP contract...2-3m plus incentives
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • metsheart
Rather have LH Lannan. He's a yr younger than Pelfrey. Also lower career ERA & lower WHIP.

Lannan's "hungry." Wants guarantee to stay in majors (not get sent to AAA). Mets can pretty much guarantee that for him if Dickey's traded. At least in BP if he doesn't make rotation. And Lannan's a LI boy (Mineola). Might take less $$$ to play "at home."
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • skorpio520
i wouldnt either.but to be honest,a part of me would rather have lannan r roll the dice on young again
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • PrayedforBay
Yeah, but we don't need the flyer, we know who he is. Its only a matter of money.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • bbyjean616
Flier? Its been seven years. No thanks. He can fall apart when the pressures on somewhere else. Why not take a shot with someone new and see how THEY handle it here?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • Oldfan

I'd sign Lannan to a multi-year deal.

When the Mets trade Dickey, they should have around 25 mil to spend. Time to move forward, not spend all the money on stop-gaps.

• Reply to this Message