• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Gose might be the guy not D'Arnaud
  • To:All
  • 12/14/12
  • alex8686
Gose and Arencibia. Forget for a moment about D'arnaud and think about Gose as the centerpiece. A true CF with speed that held his own at the major league level at 21. I'm willing to see Gose as a much better option than D'Arnaud now. And Arencibia would be a solid major league catcher for us that wouldn't be too far apart from what D'Arnaud would provide.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • DFAB
that would be a TERRIBLE trade...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • dejavu1

both, considering the market that sp have, and the packages other teams are giving for mediocre players.

they want to win it all, it should take both, hypothetically. prospects are risks, which is why teams that give them up tend to have to overpay for the other team to bite.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • Gepett0

if they make that trade sandy should be fired on the spot

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • sheadro
That package stinks. It better not be that

Edited 12/14/12   by  sheadro
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • KB24NYM
NO chance in he.ll Sandy accepts that. None.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • joemets22
That would be a disaster. Gose isn't anything special. And Arencibia is bascially Kelly Shoppach.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546309.8 was deleted
  • 12/14/12
  • Moses0507
That Package is NOT enough
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • nextyearm
Why are we even wasting time with this thread? let it sink to the bottom :)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • alex8686

I think it would be excellent. You're undervaluing Gose here I think who is an excellent prospect. He's playing at a premium position CF with speed and power. He held his own last year at 21 at the major league level and can step right into CF for us providing speed and rangy CF defense. He also has some power for CF.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • DFAB
he has speed...yet to show much of anything else....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • Matt H

If I am trading Dickey, (I'm not even that big of a fan of Gose and D'Arnaud) I truly want both of them. This is the 2012 CY Young award winner. The Blue-Jays just made some huge moves trying to compete this season. Dickey would be huge for them especially with a possibly weak Yankee team, weak Red Sox team. Gose doesn't even have a position currently with an outfield of Cabrera, Rasmus, and Bautista.

Both Gose and JCP would not help us win the 20 games Dickey won last year. Dickey is more valuable then both of them. JCP is terrible, and Gose has okay minor league numbers and didn't doing anything extraordinary amazing during his stint in the majors last season.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • joemets22
Gose really only had medicore #'s in AAA, especially when you consider he was in the PCL, an incredibly hitter friendly league.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • alex8686

You're all missing the point on Gose. He's a top CF prospect with speed, OBP, and power. Excellent prospect. He's just young and more unknown so people are undervaluing him right now.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • ManWithNoName

"JIM BOWDEN ?@JimBowdenESPNxm

Bo McKinnis agent for RADickey just told me that he is not working on an extension w BlueJays or anyone else that would be holding up a deal "

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • Moses0507
Dickey won the CY YOUNG!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • nextyearm
So that means the Mets are trying to get a beefier package.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • ManWithNoName
Mets have been looking for a true CF. Gose would be a great return. Speed, PLUS arm, and bat should continue to develop even with the flaws.

With that said, you're dealing with the Blue Jays; you want d'Arnaud back.

Edited 12/14/12   by  ManWithNoName
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • ManWithNoName
Age?
  • Reply to this Message