• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• School Shooting
  • To:All
  • 12/14/12
  • Yankeefantic
more than 25 people dead, 18 children at Sandy Brook Elementary School. Talks is there is more than one shooter. One is dead. Talk is the shooter or one of the shooters was one of the student's parent.
Please pray for the children who are dead and the one's who have survived and their teachers and families.
Obama is being constantly briefed and the FBI has arrived. Met fan , Yankee fan no matter what kind of fan you are , this is a parent's worst nightmare.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • dejavu1

Wow, did not realize how serious this was until you just posted the statistics. Been locked up in the library all day on self-control.

I think it's important that people understand there are more important things in the world than worrying about whether the Angels will give up Trumbo or if the Jays will give up d'Arnaud.

Rip to everyone. This is horrifying.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • Yankeefantic

Ironic that the principal recently sent home to all parents that they installing a new security system in all schools that was going to be very strict to get in to the school. That you are were going to be given a card and show it as visible clearance to get into the school.

Specualtion one of the shooters was 24 years old and wearing a bullet proof vest.

• Reply to this Message
Message 546299.4 was deleted
  • 12/14/12
  • oceans48
Sickening. How low can one go then to deliberately set out to take the lives of young, innocent children? One regret is that there is no punishment that fits the crime. Prayers to all involved.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • johnyringo

The shooters always end up killing themselves or making the cops do it anyway

cowards

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • metsheart
Unfathomable.

Sending out prayers to all those affected by this horror.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • ManWithNoName
"NEW YORK, Dec 14 (Reuters) - An entire classroom of students is unaccounted for following a shooting at an elementary school in suburban Connecticut on Friday, a local newspaper reported."
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • mutt86
I believe there is a punishment that will at least begin to inflict the pain these sc(mbags deserve. Btw it looks like there was another shooter who they have apprehended, alive. I hope the torture this f* (k to death.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • johnyringo
I hope they have one alive......the SOB better be on 24 hour suicide watch
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • hammr1952
they said they have in custody... omg all those kids and adults.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • ManWithNoName
"31 U.S. school shootings since Columbine. School shootings in every other country in the world combined since that time: 14. "
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • johnyringo
wow thats like a cigaret burn on the soul of our society
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • thebobymon

Thats probably due to there being a bigger market for illegal guns in the US than elsewhere.

Its inconceivable how someone could do this.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • metsheart
But 2nd ammendment says we CAN'T have ANY kind of gun control, right??

2nd ammendment to the U.S. Constitution:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

"A well regulated MILITIA." "being necessary to the SECURITY of a free State."

U.S. founders thought Arms were for WELL REGULATED MILITIA & (National) SECURITY. Pretty sure their intent was not having personal arsenal to be able to shoot up a school!!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • MetObserver

I know many people want strict gun controls but that would not stop a sick person like the school shooter from obtaining a weapon illegally in order to carry out his sick plan. The government once thought they could stop drinking by just making it illegal. All that accomplished is to make gangsters rich like Joe Kennedy, Capone,etc.. But it didn't stop anyone who wanted alcohol from getting it.

Don't think stronger gun control will do much to prevent these tragedies like these.

RIP and prays for the grieving parents.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • TheChosen1

Not far from me at all. So so sad. As a father, I am devastated for these poor families who lost their precious babies.

Edited 12/14/12   by  TheChosen1
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • metsheart
Would sure make it a lot harder for sick person to get weapons & ammo.

See Chris Rock routine about "bullet control."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAoMNEQo4sQ
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546299.19 was deleted
  • 12/14/12
  • MetObserver
Harder is not impossible because all the criminals would certainly have guns if they wanted them. Just like drug addicts can get all the drugs they want anytime they want. Although they are illegal and very strictly enforced by Police, DEA, Coast Guard and any number of Federal and State agencies. What makes you think that guns could be controlled any better? Again I wish there was some way to prevent this tragedy from ever happening. I am heartsick over knowing that all those babies were slaughtered.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
It's still early
Latest by ewok54 - 3:30 PM
Cubs
Latest by METMAINEAC - 3:29 PM
You are what your record is
Latest by AdrianMonk - 3:27 PM
Secret Service Threatened Mr. Met's Life
Latest by elguapo111 - 3:25 PM
Baseball Name Game
Latest by jereviens - 3:11 PM
Congratuations to the Mets
Latest by abbymart - 3:06 PM
Remember when we were 0-3 and everybody overreacted?
Latest by flushing21 - 3:04 PM
Home Field Disadvantage
Latest by AdrianMonk - 3:02 PM
Crediting EY Jr.
Latest by giantsmets - 2:54 PM
This just keeps getting better. lol
Latest by major40 - 2:53 PM