• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Dickey/Murphy to White Sox For...
  • To:All
  • 12/13/12
  • murphstates

Dayan Viciedo, Trayce Thompson and Carlos Sanchez. The White Sox have been looking for a left handed infield bat and need to upgrade their rotation.

Viciedo is a 23 year-old left fielder who hit .255/25/78. He was rumored to be a potential trade chip during the winter meetings. He's still got some upside.

Trayce Thompson is their number one prospect with a plus arm and plus power and projects as a right fielder. He's only 21, has moved quickly through their system and his projected to be ready by 2014. He also has good blood lines, his father and two older brothers have all played in the NBA.

Sanchez is a middle infielder who projects best at second. He has speed and is a potential top of the order hitter with excellent OBP and stolen base ability. He is projected to be ready this year.

Gain some power and fill an outfield spot. Get another high ceiling corner outfielder in the system and sacrifice some offense, but improve the defense at second.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • stearnsy12

i looked at the Chisox with Dickey...i don't think Murph fits with them though because they have Beckham at second i believe and Murph's numbers don't project well as a third baseman

Dickey for Viciedo might be as far as a deal goes with them

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • hammr1952
its tempting but id like trumbo and bourjos more.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546282.4 was deleted
  • 12/13/12
  • gomets66

thompson is their 1st or 2nd top prospect more because their system stinks. there was this from after 2012 season ended.

<<<Let’s be honest. When you look at the Chicago White Sox system from top to bottom, you come away feeling cheated that you spent the time looking at it all. It’s one of the weakest systems in baseball. >>>

• Reply to this Message
Message 546282.6 was deleted
  • 12/13/12
  • stearnsy12
i don't want Bourjos at all...guy doesn't look like he's going to be a long term fixture for any team
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • murphstates
Thompson isn't Myers, but he's young with a lot of upside and athleticism. We need more athletes in the system.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • 4545_ajd

"i don't want Bourjos at all...guy doesn't look like he's going to be a long term fixture for any team "

Still only 25 had a pretty good year in his first year in 2011 and last year was just a mess for him with the whole Trout situation and sitting for several games and then being thrown back in and then sitting again, I wouldn't give up a great deal for him but I think he could be a nice piece for us.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • stearnsy12

maybe you're right,can't honestly say i know that much about him other than his '12 season was a mess....

as an add in if we're getting Trumbo in a deal?....maybe,but their prospect Grischuk who is an outfielder in their minors who they took right before Trout might be someone with more upside although more of a risk

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • 4545_ajd
If they don't want to do a Dickey deal, I would try to get Bourjous for Gee or Mejia or Familia.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • stearnsy12
the other wild card might be a deal with the M's for a package including Montero
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • Kranesback
..are you going to throw in Wheeler?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • gomets66

Thompson isn't Myers, but he's young with a lot of upside and athleticism>>>>

thompson isnt anywhere near a top 100 prospect. would take him as an additional piece in a deal though.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • gomets66

the other wild card might be a deal with the M's for a package including Montero >>>>

m's are still focused on getting an outfielder and offense. maybe ike if they have given up on smoak. thats about the best mets could offer that they might want/need.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • hammr1952
a b prospect with dickey yeah.... nothing more.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Music Thread II
Latest by vbch - 6:16 PM
JSRanger: Fielder a Princess?
Latest by jsmet - 6:15 PM
Baseball Name Game
Latest by ellenbronx - 6:15 PM
Wright is clutch
Latest by jsmet - 6:13 PM
April trades like this are rare especially for the Mets
Latest by truthhertz - 6:13 PM