• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Mark Trumbo = Jeff Francouer REDUX
  • To:All
  • 12/13/12
  • CHOOin2014

Trumbo has holes in his swing bigger than the state of California. Once pitchers figured him out, he struggled just to stay on the team. The Angels were on the brink of sending him down and only kept him on the team because he's from Anaheim and is a fan favorite.

He had a .680 OPS in the 2nd half for crying out loud and hit 7th in the lineup by the end of August.

He REEKS of Francouer's blistering start when he first broke on the Major League scene in Atlanta and subsequent lightning downfall.

No thanks.

And keep Bourjos and how .260 OBP, while you're at it.

Give me C Hank Conger (career .300/.360/.810 minors batting line) and top prospect, 2B Taylor Lindsey or hang up the phone.

Edited 12/13/12   by  CHOOin2014
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546273.2 was deleted
  • 12/13/12
  • kinerskrnr
Ike Davis is better.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • METMAINEAC

a .250 avg, good for 150K, and a 2+WAR.

not quite the bell of the ball.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • portwa
Yes Mark Trumbo was Rookie of the year and then the next year made the All Star team. Yep, sounds like a clone of Francouer.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • CHOOin2014
And hit an eye-popping 5 home runs in the months of August AND September, combined. His strikeout totals will only increase now scouting reports are widely circulated.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • jsmet
You are right he did strike out a lot last year. But so does whiff boy on third base. But to. Compare him as another Francouer
After only 1 full year in the majors I do nor think so. Btw. Even though he strikes out a lot at least he has power.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • gomets66
francouer at least could play defense. trumbo is another dh. trumbo and duda both in the outfield would be dreadful.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • Gepett0

personally, i think conger will never really make it on the mlb level...i know hes only just turning 25 but a lot of scouts have soured on him plus he has shown a difficulty in staying healthy

also, lindsey is not their top prospect...in fact, hes not even a top 100 guy

their top prospect is cowart, who is still a few years away...lindsey is third behind both cowart and cj cron

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • Gepett0

didnt you complain about ike davis alot this year

i could have sworn you did

well, interestingly enough, baseball reference lists ike davis as the most similar active player to trumbo in baseball, though trumbo is a righty (which is something we do need)

im not saying hes a future bust but, if he was on our team, there would be alot of fans w/ a lot of negative things to say about him 2 weeks into the season

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • Gepett0
welll the idea is that trumbo would REPLACE duda in the outfield
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • DFAB
he's not a crown jewel but he WOULD be a good pickup for us. He fits what we are looking for very well...1 impact MLB player and then they would have to add another piece...maybe a high risk/reward young prospect type. He K's a lot and is average defensively but he IS a RH power bat so he would certainly strengthen the lineup.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/14/12
  • abbymart
He had a great first half and then pitchers figured him out. Can he make the adjustments to counter that? That is the question
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • fargol

"Yes Mark Trumbo was Rookie of the year and then the next year made the All Star team. Yep, sounds like a clone of Francouer. "

RoY? He was second in the RoY voting, unless baseball encyclopedia has it wrong.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • CHOOin2014

He was second in ROY voting. And that despite a .291 on-base pct. His progression didn't improve much this season - .308 OBP.

e would only give us 2 extra wins (2.38 WAR). I want to trade Dickey and rebuild more than anyone, but not for Trumbo. I'd rather keep R.A. if that's the case.

Its D'Arnaud (and Gose, if TOR wants Flores) or Mike Olt AND Leonys Martin.

Edited 12/14/12   by  CHOOin2014
  • Reply to this Message