• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Bidding war between Texas and Angels for Dickey
  • To:All
  • 12/13/12
  • Matt H

Looks like the Angels now can part ways with Trumbo if they want since they have Hamilton now.

Texas Rangers have missed out on some key players and if the Angels are trying to pursue RA Dickey, the Rangers may even be willing to give up even more.

I wouldn't mind working out a trade Dickey (maybe another prospect) for Trumbo and Randal Grichuk.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • DFAB
I think this hurts our chances with Texas since they will now either try to overpay for Upton with their prospects or just keep their prospects with hopes they will produce at the ML level
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • 4545_ajd
From your lips
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • nextyearm
I dont think Arizona is going to trade Justin anymore, That's the word on the street in baseball too. But if anything we lose a trade partner with Texas and gain one with LAA.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • DFAB
LA doesn't have anything we want if they are unwilling to trade Trumbo. They have one good prospect and not much after that. I think Texas might overpay for Upton.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • dmanning12
if we can get Bourjus without giving up Dickey or Neise I would do it
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • edmet
if i am texas i make a play for stanton, they have the prospects. olt,sardinas,l.martin and wilmer font a pretty strong package. they can add pitching prospect martin and alfaro (19yr old catcher) for nolasco (giving fish another $11m salary relief). marlins would have best farm in mlb, with olt and OF martin (a cuban expatriate who will be big in miami) big league ready. stanton if healthy can hit 50 dingers in arlington. they can also sign bourn to play cf and leadoff. however, they probably go harder for upton. i do see them getting in on bourn. mets? try to play angels and texas off each other for dickey.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • DocK1985
I don't think Dickey is getting traded until Sanchez gets signed.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • oceans48
SA is going to wait until everyone is signed and comfy cozy and do nothing. A GM worth his weight should be burning up the phone lines betweet Texas and LA right now!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • DocK1985
I think Sanchez will be signed before anything happens.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • 86kid

>>>"LA doesn't have anything we want if they are unwilling to trade Trumbo. They have one good prospect and not much after that. I think Texas might overpay for Upton."<<<

I think they want to keep Upton now. But certainly, if someone is willing to overpay in talent to get him, I would not rule out Towers pulling the trigger.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • thebobymon
What is it you get again when you multiply something by zero?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • Know_know
Done, signed with White Sox...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • dejavu1
cubs...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • 3bwright
You mean the CUBS (which is very ODD)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • Know_know
I stand corrected.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • gomets66

They have one good prospect and not much after that>>>

another 3B. and trumbo a dh/1B.

Edited 12/13/12   by  gomets66
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • stearnsy12

they (the Angels) also have a kid at #2 by the name of CJ Cron who,while only finishing A+ ball,did have a monster year and is one of MLB's top ranked first base prospects

was one of my targets in a total rebuild scenario

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • gomets66
it wouldnt be a surprise if mets do trade dickey, they get no players that actually play positions mets need to fill.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • stearnsy12
but i had huge plans for this team's rebuilding and i just can't believe Sandy didn't listen to me,lol
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Matt Bowman - Binghamton
Latest by comeagain - 8:09 PM
Cubs
Latest by johnyringo - 8:08 PM
Music Thread II
Latest by vbch - 8:01 PM
Will Myers struggling
Latest by AdrianMonk - 8:01 PM
Random Letters Game
Latest by ellenbronx - 8:00 PM