• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Trumbo/Dickey Trade
  • To:All
  • 12/13/12
  • 4545_ajd
Becomes a possibility if Angels sign Hamilton. Actually I would like to see the Mets get both Trumbo and Bourjos for Dickey.

Edited 12/13/12   by  4545_ajd
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • KB24NYM

ha, dream the f on

id take trumbo and call it a day

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • CoBrA
here here!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • 4545_ajd
Bidding war between the Rangers and Angels (same division) would be amazing, if the Angels have Hamilton, Vernon Wells and Trout in OF they can afford to give up both, maybe have the Mets throw in an a prospect.

Edited 12/13/12   by  4545_ajd
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • murphstates
I'd love to get Trumbo, but if they traded him it would somewhat defeat the purpose of signing Hamilton. They already lost Torii Hunter and I doubt they want to play Vernon Wells full time.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • KB24NYM

I would die a happy man and take back most of what I said about Sandy...he would have played this whole situation literally to perfection.

With that being said, I doubt it happens, although I think its highly possible we can snag Trumbo or Olt and Martin if this happens

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • dejavu1

This mindset has got to stop: "Let's get what we can and call it a day"

We have the power in this situation. Rays didn't say let's call it a day after they got both Myers and Odirizzi... Indian's didnt settle for one of the Dbacks mediocre pitching prospects... Why should we settle for 1 player or 2 prospects who are both nearing 25 and have never played a game in the majors?

Sandy has proven people wrong once before I would hope he does it a 2nd time. Be patient, we'll get a huge return.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • metsfansince89
i would be disappointed with that return... dickey is worth way more than trumbo
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/13/12
  • 4545_ajd
If the Mets can get Trumbo and Bourjos for Dickey they would have about 30M left to spend, sign Priezynski sign Lannan sign Brian Wilson. That team could compete this year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • 4545_ajd
Trumbo is 26 years old, 2- 30 HR seasons in his first 2 full years and is getting Major League minimum
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • metsfansince89
i highly doubt they sign anyone. they've had plenty of time to pickup players
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • metsfansince89
hes a nice player but i feel like we could get much more. he tailed off big time in the 2nd half last year
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • tflow27

I'm not sure how i feel about hamilton signing with the angels in regards to trade leverage for the mets. if the angels do in fact get hamilton then wouldn't texas be less inclined to move martin since theyll have a center field void?

Personally, I would still prefer Olt & Martin rather than Trumbo or Bourjos. Martin has the defensive ability to play a solid center field with a good bat in the lineup and i'm willing to take a shot to see if Olt can play a decent corner outfield with the chance to become a good power bat. If he proves to be unable to play the outfield but can hit, he can always be used as a trade piece later on as a 3b. Both guys are under team control longer as well and can potentially fill 2 spots for years to come.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • 4545_ajd
But that is when they still had Dickey on the books for 5 years and wasn't sure where they had to spend there money in the OF/C/SP/BP, but this would make it much more clear.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • 4545_ajd

"if the angels do in fact get hamilton then wouldn't texas be less inclined to move martin since theyll have a center field void?"

To keep Dickey from the Angels they might give us something Better than Olt and Martin

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • DFAB

"If the Mets can get Trumbo and Bourjos for Dickey they would have about 30M left to spend, sign Priezynski sign Lannan sign Brian Wilson. That team could compete this year."

+1

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • nextyearm
This is the deal for us.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • PrayedforBay
Yeah... Okay if Sandy pulls off that trade he gets GM of the ever award

Edited 12/13/12   by  PrayedforBay
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • jsmet
Now that Hamilton has sign maybe they will be interested in Dickey for Trumbo.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • DFAB
I want the deal to be bigger than just Trumbo...even if we have to sweeten our end.
  • Reply to this Message