• Wilmer Flores toying with the Venezuelan league
  • To:All
  • 12/12/12
  • KB24NYM
3 HR last 4 games, going beast mode
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • gomets66
considering the competition in the league, i would hope a good prospect is doing good.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/12/12
  • 86kid

I would love to see Flores make it to the majors in a Met uniform, but given his lack of a true position u here, Sandy should really try and cash-in on his great year this year, and get a prospect of equal value, at a position of need- like outfield.

He could also package the kid up with Dickey. Some teams might be a bit less reluctant to part with prospects for the 38 year Dickey, if they are getting some youth back in return in the deal.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • sheadro
Do team's ever worry about burn out with their international players? It's nice that they get the extra development time in these winter leagues but there is also some concern since these guys seem to never rest.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • gomets66

some players do. duda and parnell have refused to play winterball in the past.

when fmart played winterball he ended up getting hurt.

valdespin is playing this winter. other than being suspended from his team for a while for being the mental midget he is, dont know how he is doing.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • 86mex17
I bet he'd rip up my sunday league too, ha
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • Gepett0

i still think that he can't be much worse defensively at 2b than murphy is

if he can be murphy at 2b then i think his offense will actually be worth it

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • thebobymon
Great another guy without a position.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • kingrw
he'll be playing RF for mets down the road. Kid's a hitter...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • elsid1986
All scouts agree, he does not have the ability to play the outfield.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • kingrw

'he does not have the ability to play the outfield'

i have read that his lack of footspeed would work against him in the OF, but i dont know if i've ever read he does not have the ability to play the OF.

the book on him is he's slow. slow guys play OF in the majors, especially if they hit .300 with pop.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • rangers61134465

one of our problems right now is that our system has been so bad for so long that it gets taken out on wilmer...mind boggling to me that he isnt in the top 100

trading him now would be dumb...about to have huge breakout season in AAA

could be a better chip in the future or just a player for the mets

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • Kranesback
We need to move whiffboy to second and put Flores at third.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • MetObserver
Another pre-teen heard from. Sigh!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • 4545_ajd
BA Top 100 list comes out in February, He had a down year in 2011 but had been on it 3 times previously. I expect to see him on it again this year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • brianinwi

Somewhere out there... there has to be a team with a player similar to Flores who happens to play the outfield. A team with a logjam at outfield and a hole at third base.

From such things win-win trades are made.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • 4545_ajd
Angels are that team with a log Jam in the outfield.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • brianinwi
Dickey and Flores to the Angels for Trumbo and who...?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • Gepett0

thats the problem....theres nothing really that i want from the angels

im even a little weary of trumbo...i could see him fading extremely quickly, though his power is undeniable...in many ways hes like a right handed ike davis....both could develop into stars or they could be the next chris duncan

i have zero interest in bourjos....the most overrated 4th of in baseball...

they have zero prospects that are any where near mlb ready w/ significant promise...you have kaleb cowart, who is promising but still a few years away and a 3b prospect...hes got some speed and a strong arm so maybe he can transition to rf but its still a bit questionable if his bat will play there...either way, id say hes 2 full seasons away right now so not much of a help in the near future

cj cron can't play any position other than 1st base b/c of his arm and as a 22 year old in A+ was a bit old for the league...but hes still a top 1b prospect, one thing we don't really need their top of prospect, now that trout is up w/ the team, is kole calhoun who is a nice player but i dont know if im that interested

im not going to lie, i might be willing to deal dickey if we got back a combo of trumbo & cowart but i dont see that happening

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • DFAB
I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Trumbo as a centerpiece of a Dickey deal....he does K a lot and is OBP isn't amazing but he provides that much needed RH power bat for CHEAP so the wilpons would LOVE it. The problem is though finding that 2nd piece from the Angels. Their farm system isn't great and only have 1 top 100 prospect and that is at 2b. Maybe we could get a reliever added...but if Flores is part of the deal too, that makes it even more difficult.
  • Reply to this Message