• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• If Marlins move Stanton
  • To:All
  • 12/12/12
  • bmcneely
If the Marlins were to move Stanton what would you give up? They were talking about this on MLB network but they think Rangers would get him. Would you give up Wheeler, Fulmer, Nimmo, and Flores? Oh and Valdespin for Tweeting that pic of him in a Marlins hat. I would.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

Anything.

But it's unlikely that they would trade within the division if the Marlins did decide to trade him, and he's not going anywhere for a while- As much as Stanton hates that ownership, they're going to keep him as long as they can.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • bmcneely
I think my offer would get their attention. Too bad I''m not the GM.I'd gut the farm for that kid.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • DFAB
No to Wheeler. If we could get Olt+Buckel for Dickey from Texas, and then flip them to the Marlins, that would help. So a deal would be Olt+Buckel+Flores+Familia/Mejia. That is a VERY good package and I can see the Marlins seriously thinking about it. So 1 top flight prospect and 3 more top prospects for Stanton? Heck yea...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • metthunder
start with Wheeler and Davis and they might return your call, they like him a lot, not saying this would be a trade I'd do but, just saying
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • jsmet
I would give up Niese before I give up. Niese before I give up anyone else on your list
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • DFAB
I think they would definitely consider the package I suggested. A little fine tuning might be necessary but that core should be close.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • metthunder
didn't see it, I was typing, Stanton's not available anyway nevermind to a team in the same division. Trading Dickey is a salary dump, Mets should have taken the Dodger trade or hold their breath for Olt and just Olt.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • bmcneely
Niese makes too much $ Marlins wouldn't be interested. If you want something good you have to give up something good. If you want something good from a division rival, you have to pay more.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • bmcneely
I think you know any trade talk for Stanton would Start with Wheeler. They would probably take less from another team but not Us.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • DFAB
Of course they would ASK for Wheeler...doesn't mean they are getting him. We could "ask" for Kershaw in return for Dickey, but wouldn't get him. Wheeler would represent the necessary "top flight" prospect the Marlins would need to make a deal. Since we would give Olt, he would fill that void. This is obviously assuming the Texas trade went through, etc. A Stanton trade isn't realistic at this point obviously but that package would be about enough to bring Stanton in IMO.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • bmcneely
I mean don't get me wrong I would do anything to try and keep him . I just think if Mets said no then Marlins would deal him elsewhere to spite the Mets.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • DFAB
well, that's their problem then. If we couldn't get someone like Olt to flip, (and Olt would be the PERFECT flip piece for us) they yes we would most likely have to include Wheeler. When trading someone like Stanton, you need at least 1 prospect who is as close as "can't miss" as possible. Add a couple more top prospect to that and you have yourself a solid offer.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • bmcneely
I think if the Marlins did decide to move him then the Mets would be the first in line then Texas , unless you think they would just take Olt and deal him to the Rangers? I personally think we currently could put together a better package than Texas. Unless they move Cruz Olt, Profar and more.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • 86mex17
NO!!!! WAAAY TOO MUCH! fulmer ,flores,valdespin,murphy,gee. something like that , IMO
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • 86mex17
However btw , I really like fulmer, think hes gonna be solid
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • DFAB
It would most likely be a 3 team deal instead of us acquiring Olt and THEN trading him. However, I certainly think Texas has a much better shot since they would be VERY interested in him ESPECIALLY if they can't resign Hamilton.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • DFAB
that would get LAUGHED at...1 top prospect and the rest are "eh" at best
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • 86mex17
thats why it wont happen the mets arent a win now team and the marlins arent either, thats why in the hypothetical situation they did move stanton it would be to a win now team for top prospects.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • bmcneely
They would hang up the phone before the M in Murphy came out of Sandy's mouth.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Joey Gallo
Latest by thebobymon - 6:52 AM
All Kirk does is swing and miss
Latest by sb51 - 6:51 AM
Duda on pace for 31hr
Latest by joebatboy03 - 6:47 AM
Random Letters Game
Latest by henry715 - 6:46 AM
Musician Name Game
Latest by henry715 - 6:44 AM