• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• R. A. Dickey
  • To:All
  • 12/12/12
  • met1965
Hey Lets pay the man!!!! For crying out loud heis being more than fair and is definitely deserving.
Rip up the one year at 5 Million and do this. 36 Million for three years breakdown -2013 16 Million, 2014 13 Million, 2015 7 Million. So they do not have to pay a lot when he is older (but I believe the man is like wine, only getting better with age). We should have signed the Yankee catcher before the pirates did.... what a steal. Lastly our corner outfielders are okay - Kirk Nieuwenhuis reminds me of a young Andy Van Slyke, Duda is Duda a first basemen playing left field but with a possibility of 30 - 35 home runs. Find a Center fielder and lets go. Ichiro? he can play right and Kirk can play center until the younger outfielders are ready.
Please stop the crying about money Ticket prices are high for a team that is in New York and isnt running out Marquee names at all positions.
LETS GO METS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • wildwin77

I think it's obvious now that the Mets would much rather trade Dickey than retain him; which is why this process is being drawn out at all....to buy time until some team offers the two top prospects they desire.

If they really wanted Dickey, would they risk fracturing their relationship with him over $6 million? Is $6 million really that big of a deal if you were serious about wanting to keep your Cy Young winner?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • met1965
Yes you are probably right but if I were to give you 2 top prospects pro ready he would have to have a contract for more than 1 year. So at 36 million they would get a CY Young winner for an average of 12 mil per. Again they would have him for 3 years. A lot less riskier than for 1 year and he walks. I feel he will pitch for many years at a high quaility
  • Reply to this Message