• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Olt or Bogaerts
  • To:All
  • 12/12/12
  • alex8686

There's not much else out there than that among interested teams. There's an outside chance they can get Bubba Starling if the Royals are planning to go all-in but that doesn't seem likely. The only other possibility is Anthony Rendon from the Nationals but I doubt Mets are high on him.

It's looking like Olt or Bogaerts at this point with a very very minor chance for Bubba Starling.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • robrock30
I am sure he will not be dealt within the division to the Nats. Besides they are deep in pitching.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • TheFriNgE
What's so intriguing about Olt? He has good stats in AA, but that's not unusual. Just because Olt is a "top prospect" in the M's system does not mean he's that good, and no guarantee he will cut it in the bigs. Why would anyone consider Olt plus scrubs package for RA?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • robrock30
Olt is a 3B/1B not an OF. He has high strikeouts and looks like another Ike Davis or Mark Reynolds.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • 4545_ajd

" Olt is a "top prospect" in the M's system does not mean he's that good, and no guarantee he will cut it in the bigs"

First off he is in the Rangers system, second he was ranked the 11th best prospect in all of baseball.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • 4545_ajd
Ike DAvis hit 22 HRs in 672 minor league ABs, Olt has hit 52 HRs in 871 ABs
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • TheFriNgE
excuse me, yes, I was checking out his minors stats last night. I am still unimpressed

Edited 12/12/12   by  TheFriNgE
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • robrock30
Ike was rushed through the minors.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • robrock30
With Texas last year, Olt had 13 SO's in 33 AB's in minors 253 SO's in 871 AB
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • robrock30
Last year at AA Olt had 101 SO & 102 hits with 28 HR & 82 RBIs
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • thegooch42
You mean the same Ike Davis who hits 30+HRs and the Mark Reynolds whos averaged 35 HRs a year? Yeah why would we possibly want that for the next 5-10 years
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • robrock30
Yeah Dave Kingman also could hit HR's but not to good at making contact.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • PutItInTheBOOKS
What about Bradley Jr and Brentz amd maybe Salty or just Bradley and Brentz will give the Mets a nice young outfield
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • 4545_ajd
I could care less about strikeouts if a player has power a good average and a good OBP. If he hit .333 with 50 HRs and a .450 OBP he could strike out in every other AB for all I care.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • alex8686

Olt has legit 30 HR power and middle of the order bat potential. That's very hard to find. The Mets sorely need to add power to the lineup. Wright-Davis-Olt-Duda could be very respectable.

The fact he has to play LF shouldn't be much of a problem. These guys are top athletes that have been playing the game since little league. A switch to LF won't be a big issue for Olt.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • gomets66

. Wright-Davis-Olt-Duda could be very respectable.>>>>

if olt is in left, where is duda. no chance they put him in RF again. he shouldnt be in LF either for that matter.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • TheFriNgE
Olt isn't a good fit anyway, no to mention the audacity to even consider giving up RA. Why not just give up that idea? Olt isn't our "great white hope". We need to build this team around pitching, and that's the only way we're going to win a championship! Why worry about the need for an outfielder now? The position players can be added later. We need to look ahead to 2014 for that, 'cause we can win it that quickly.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/12/12
  • nextyearm
I actually think Olt is gonna be a big time power hitter. hes gonna strike out alot but i think he deff good for 35 homers a year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • 13shadowcat13

What about Bradley Jr and Brentz amd maybe Salty or just Bradley and Brentz will give the Mets a nice young outfield

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Do you really think the Sox would take a 38 year old pitcher for those two Kids???

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • alex8686
It's moneyball. Defense doesn't matter.
  • Reply to this Message