• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Wright was either dishonest or a fool
  • To:All
  • 12/12/12
  • koolaid_realist
When he signed, in part, because he said he believed there was a plan for a winning future. Either he knew it wasn't true, or foolishly believed that there was a plan--and they lied to him just like they lied to the fans.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • 4545_ajd
so 2 weeks after signing an 8 year deal, if the plan isnt obvious to you that means there is no plan
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • alfolerud
Wright has become a Wilpon mouthpeice.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • jsmet

When he signed, in part, because he said he believed there was a plan for a winning future. Either he knew it wasn't true, or foolishly believed that there was a plan--and they lied to him just like they lied to the fans.<

You have made some good points here.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • PrayedforBay

So Dickey must be a fool or dishonest as well, because he had interviews earlier in the offseason where he said Sandy sold him on his plans to build a contender and how he wants to be part of it.

So there goes your argument.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • PrayedforBay

I couldn't find the audio of the interview but this is the exact quote I remember listening to on the radio as he said it live.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/11/15/loyal-r-a-dickey-wants-to-stay-with-mets-says-he-believes-in-future-of-franchise/

“(Alderson) has convinced me that the Mets are going to do something going forward,” Dickey said. “And when I say ‘something,’ I mean we are going to improve. How that manifests? Only time will tell, but he has convinced me, and I think he’s done a pretty good job of convincing (third baseman) David (Wright) that he has a plan for us to be a very competitive club going forward.”

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • spydermet

"because he said he believed there was a plan for a winning future. "

This is an opinion and doesn't make him dishonest or a fool.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • edmet
wrights agent should have protected him with an opt out clause.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/12/12
  • Ultimate_Lou2013
...wow, is it spring training for the defeatists already?...how time flies...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • edmet
wrights agent is the fool for not insisting on an opt out clause for david to protect against broken promises. he also should have cautioned wright against making shermanesque statements like "i will never wear another teams uniform". i respect his loyalty to his childhood team and the only organization he has ever known, and his desire to be the derek jeter/chipper jones of the mets, but he should not be so trusting of the wilpons and alderson.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • Gepett0
well its true...he probably wont....not unless he chooses to AND the wilpons find a taker for all of that cash even after his best years are behind him down the road at least seeing that he has a full no trade clause....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • koolaid_realist

"his desire to be the derek jeter/chipper jones of the mets"

More likely the Ernie Banks. Chipper and Jeter have rings.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • PrayedforBay
Right because a player making 130+mil at the end of the day really needs protection. Especially when that player is living out his dream of playing for the team he grew up rooting for.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • rey0for37

Well let's be honest: There are plans to win. Believe it or not.

But as they say about the best plans...

1. I'm sure their plan revolves around trading a pitcher this offseason to get a good bat. They cannot control what others will trade and fans will hate if they give up too much for too little.

2. I'm certain they indicated cutting payroll but that they will be more aggressive once the big names come off the book.

3. Plus of course players are "concerned" about being on a winning team. I mean, could you imagine having $100 million dollars and 0 rings?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • TheFriNgE
Wright's agent protected him with a Santa Clause, a nice fat Christmas bonus!
  • Reply to this Message