• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Forget Wheeler, what has Sandy done aside from kill the pen?
  • To:All
  • 12/12/12
  • KB24NYM

All this clown has done is acquire Wheeler, let Reyes walk for nothing, make a couple of horrible trades (Pagan), and build a horrible bullpen.

fargol could do a better job as GM

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • melloca
Sandy Alderson has been an in effective GM as he has done absolutely nothing this offseason but to spin the media. Knowing that the Mets are lacking several needs he hasn't made any true offers to any of these free agents. Sandy Alderson is robbing Wilpon for all of the in activity. Even the Pirates are making moves to help their team.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • KB24NYM
yes, yes!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • alfolerud
Don't forget poor drafting.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • KB24NYM

Ah, of course!

Lets draft that redneck center fielder who never played a single actual game of baseball over Matt Barnes!

Genius!

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • frozensoda
I agree in the player acquisition dept he has done next to nothing, unless you want to count guys like Chris Capuano & Chris Young who've helped but haven't been fantastic. It can be argued that just getting rid of KRod's salary was an achievement although we didn't get anything of substance back in that deal. I like that he moved the fences in, I've grown to like Terry Collins who he hired, I like the emphasis he's put on OBA, but none of these things has resulted in more wins really. And what the heck have his buddies Riccardi & Depodesta done for us?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • KB24NYM
nothing, and the fences was simply righting a horrible wrong
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • DFAB
you do realize that the WILPONS are the problem and not SA right? If the wilpons refuse to give SA ANY money to spend...how is he going to improve the team with NOTHING to work with??
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • oceans48
What's the difference between our 3 GM's and the 3 Stooges? Ahhhhh, nothing!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • Gepett0

i have no issue w/ the nimmo selection

every scout in america thinks the kid will be a stud and alot of people on this board will likely look stupid in the long run....the kid is raw but hes got about as much potential as anyone in the system

what i do have a problem w/ is the gavin cecchini pick....

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • KB24NYM

bro did you see what sandy did to the pen last year?

da.mN!

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • 4545_ajd
The one BP move that more people didn't like at the time compared to the others is the one guy who actually over performed.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/12/12
  • deviljuice

Alderson is doing exactly what he was brought to do. Bring the payroll down and bring the operational costs down. He has not only let go of high salary players. He has also gotten rid of scouts, coaches, trainers and even the long time equipment manager and replaced them with (presumably) lower cost options or added those responsabilites to other people within the organization. All he is doing is managing the team in an effort to make it more profitable and allowing the Wilpons to keep it in spite of all their financial troubles.

Right now his job has nothing to do with winning. It's all about keeping the team in Wilpon hands. For that, he has to keep the public interested while at the same time letting go of the best players. That's the reason he is trying to sell (and a lot of us are buying into) all this horse poo about homegrown talent and financial flexibility to get players at the trade deadline. It's all a ruse. Look at last year. The team was doing great at the half point. No players were acquired for the playoff run.

He is a very good GM and he is doing his job flawlessly. The team will be under Wilpon for a very long time. Hard days are ahead. Can you imagine how it will be like when Fred Wilpon dies and Jeffy is the man in charge? Oh my... hard days indeed.

Edited 12/12/12   by  deviljuice
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • MetObserver
First he had no bull pen the year before that he could ruin, it was already bad. And those players he brought in were in previous years good to very good. Like Ramirez who was a stud with the Giants and the reason for the Pagan trade. He bombed but I challenge anyone to say that they knew that would happen.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • MetObserver

"Can you imagine how it will be like when Fred Wilpon dies and Jeffy is the man in charge? Oh my... hard days indeed."

Have no fear if the estate tax is re-instated to the old levels Jeff would have to sell the team in order to pay the taxes.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • DFAB

"bro did you see what sandy did to the pen last year?

da.mN!"

Sure did...and yea, you could certainly make a legit complaint about his job with fixing it last year. I wanted Broxton in the worst way but we got francisco. The Ramirez acquisition bombed but to be fair, he showed every indication of being a dominant reliever. The bp is the hardest thing to build.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • jgrangers2
What he "did" to the bullpen? The bullpen stunk and, using minimal funds, it didn't get much better. Building a bullpen is the toughest thing to do in this sport. Building one from scratch when you start with absolutely nothing and can't spend much money is almost impossible. Let's be honest, if you're forced to build a bullpen through free agency you're going to fail 9 times out of 10. It's nearly impossible when you're expecting $10 million worth of free agents to be the top 3 guys in your bullpen.
  • Reply to this Message