• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Pressure on Rangers to sign Hamilton,NOT deal for RA
  • To:All
  • 12/12/12
  • stearnsy12

i think it's a mistake to think the Rangers would be desperate for RA because i don't think they are

they ARE more desperate to sign Hamilton now and if they do and bring back essentially the same starting staff as last year they'd be bringing back the same team that won 93 games

big difference in approach and philosophy to bringing back the same team that,say,only won 74 games or so

plus they're adding Profar to their infield this year,moving Kinsler to first and Moreland would be coming off the bench so they might be better than last season offensively WITH Hamilton re-signed

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • 4545_ajd
Ranger's offense was ranked #1 in baseball last year, their starting pitching was ranked 20th.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • stearnsy12

true,and i'm sure they want to upgrade their pitching but not at the cost of two or three top prospects....they could sign Hamilton and upgrade their pitching at lower cost than Dickey and be in great shape

if they only sign Hamilton they'll have last year's team PLUS Profar and Olt

they're not desperate to deal for Dickey and Sandy has to understand that,we may have to look elsewhere for the best deal IF that's still the plan

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • gomets66
agreed. plenty of pitchers still on market and available in trade. heck, dodgers have 8 starters and will probably move a couple. maybe whats left isnt as good as dickey has been, but price will be better and rangers can always try and upgrade in season. some teams actually do that.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • stearnsy12

the Dodgers are a good point,they're looking to deal a SP or two,they'd rather deal Harang but teams are asking for Capuano

either of those two would be an upgrade entering the season and wouldn't cost them Olt

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • DFAB
I think if they lose Hamilton, it will actually HURT us since they would want to keep as much of their potential offense as possible...(Olt, Profar, etc.)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • 86kid
I don't really see how one has anything to do with the other though. They will sign Hamliton. And while there might be other pitchers out there, none of them is coming off a Cy Young season and is only going to cost them $5 million in 2013.
  • Reply to this Message