• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• I want Billy Hamilton!!
  • To:All
  • 12/12/12
  • kaztast1c

I have already filed this under "notgonnahappen" and "pipe dream", but with the Reds upgrading at CF to Choo (who I realize is only under contract for 8 mil through next year), I would like to make a run at Billy Hamilton. The Reds are obviously making the push to go for it all. They already have a formidable pitching staff (Cueto, Latos, Bailey, Arroyo, Chapman), a solid lineup that will be getting rid of dead weight in Scott Rolen and upgrading with should-have-been Rookie of the Year Todd Frazier. There just seems to be no room at the inn for the up and coming speedster in the Queen City.

Why not offer them the option of putting the Cuban Missile back in the closers role and adding a very affordable Cy Young winner to their rotation. They would run away with the central with that staff and that bullpen that also includes Jonathan Broxton, J.J Hoover, and super prospect Boxburger. This is a truly sick team that has been build from the ground up in Cincy (P.S- to all "Sandy is doing nothing" babblers, it took the Reds about 6 years to build this team....starting with the trade of Josh Hamilton to the Rangers for Edinson Volquez....Sandy in effect is in just year two).

Right now, Billy Hamilton has no place to play on the big club. His only path to the MLB this year is a Choo injury or a trade.

So straight up, 1 for 1 player deal Cincy. We will even pay 1 mil of R.As salary this year. We give you a potential serious shot at a WS title this year, you give us the fastest man in baseball.

Deal?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • stearnsy12
seems like the plan already is to keep Choo for the year,give him a qualifying offer at the end of the season so they get at least a draft pick,and then insert Hamilton in center
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • kaztast1c
I live in Dayton, OH, so it's been all over the airwaves. That IS the plan, you are correct....hence my pipe dream
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • stearnsy12
but it is one heckuva a pipedream!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • gomets66

(P.S- to all "Sandy is doing nothing" babblers, it took the Reds about 6 years to build this team....starting with the trade of Josh Hamilton to the Rangers for Edinson Volquez....Sandy in effect is in just year two).>>>>

sandy is now in year 3. reds won the central in year 3 after trading hamilton. of course, mets having to act like a midmarket team and playing in a tougher division does hamper things.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • kaztast1c

Year three had everything go right, Walt Jocketty even said as much. He was building the whole time with an eye on getting the Reds a 4 year window. He said it would take him 5 years when he took over with the blessing of the Castallini's.

And the NL cental is MUCH tougher than the NL East.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • Kranesback
There aill be no Billy Hamilton or Josh Hamilton because Ebenezer Wilpon is too attached the the few remaining Alexander Hamiltons in his wallet.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • beingfrank
I like it!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • melloca
you are correct
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • beltrain15

Year 2? This would be year 3 for him, and it seems to me that he hasn't even begun rebuilding. Literally the only positive move he's made since coming here was trading Beltran for Wheeler. The Mets don't have a single position player prospect that we can be excited about. At this point Flores might become pretty good, but I'm not ready to pencil him in for 2015. The Reds had studs like Bruce and Votto, in addition to a crop of young starters just as good, if not better than what the Mets have now. The only similarity between our "rebuilding" process and their rebuilding process is that both teams stunk at the start of it. That is if you even think our rebuilding process has started yet. All Sandy has done since he's come here is tear down and wait for contracts to expire. I realize that the first step in rebuilding is tearing down, but that shouldn't take 3 years, it should take 1 offseason.

This entire process is being half as*ed because they keep trying to make the team "watchable" so they can sell tickets, and they even admit this. Yes, people would have complained even more if they had traded everyone away for prospects in 2009, but guess what, people are gonna complain anyway, and now because the front office was afraid of the heat, the future looks even bleaker now than it did then. They even failed to make the team watchable anyway (even with Dickey, the winning lottery ticket), and now we're sitting here with no farm, a huge contract at third base, and a wait-and-see "plan."

Don't tell us that we should stop "babbling" and be patient as the rebuilding process unfolds, because they AREN'T REBUILDING.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • alfolerud
We could have had him for Reyes but the Wilpons and Sandy messed that situation up royally.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • gomets66

And the NL cental is MUCH tougher than the NL East.>>>>

its more balanced. teams arent overall better. nats, phils and braves would be favorites in the central.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • alex8686
Hamilton is insane. I'm not sure why he isn't at least a top 5 prospect, if not the top prospect in baseball. He stole 155 bases (155!) and posted a .410 OBP last year. That type of elite speed/OBP combo is incredibly rare.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • 4545_ajd
Central will get much worse now that they cant beat up on the Astros
  • Reply to this Message