• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Bring Back Omar Minaya?
  • To:All
  • 12/11/12
  • stantonsvcks

I'm convinced half you people escaped from a mental institution.

We have a GM with a plan that he is trying to follow through with while dealing with an ownership that set the budget.

Give the man a chance. Just because he has not gotten every star you all want does not mean he has tried. It takes two to tango and maybe Kansas City didnt see the same value in Dickey that it saw in Shields.

Maybe some of the players that have signed elsewhere see our owners as a joke and dont want to play here.

Dickey, while a great character guy and a great teammate, at 39 with a Cy Young under his belt SHOULD be traded for prospects or pieces we need IF possible. If people arent knocking down the Mets door for him, it tells you the value to them is not there. Sandy should ask for the moon and make the best deal possible. If not, and Dickey continues his winning ways this year, he's great trade bait midseason.

2014, the NY Mets are going to be in contention for a championship.

Give it a rest, Rome wasent built in a day. Omar Minaya DESTROYED this team with the deal he made. The Latino Express is gone, its time for some tough, smart baseball decisions to be made and Sandy is making them.

Patience, patience young padwans.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • metthunder
without money to spend, Omar would be useless too. Sad.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • beltrain15
I think a tough, smart baseball decision would have been trading Wright if this team isn't planning on contending next year. I also don't think anyone really has a problem with Sandy...he's just a player in the Wilpons' game.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • lllfxlll
omar was useless with money to spend
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • dmanning12

You are absolutely right that we should not make a move for the sake of making a move BUT alot of players are changing teams. Solid players that could help the Mets but Sandy really does nothing.

It seems like he plays hard ball all day long and other GMs look elsewhere.

Bottom line we need 1-2 OFs and catcher.
It will not take a superstar calibar player to improve on what we have now.
I will vomit of Torres and Thole are ran back out there next year

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • MeetTheMess
maybe sandy has another son we can hire?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • TheChosen1

>>I'm convinced half you people escaped from a mental institution.<<

And the other half of us are still here!!

• Reply to this Message