• Michael Bourn
  • To:All
  • 12/11/12
  • The5Wright5Way

He'll give us a solid leadoff hitter and CF

will give us .270-.300/.335-.350/.370-.400 AND 35-50SB

He is extremely consistent

He'll be 30 on opening day.

4 years/56m (14m per) and a 5th year vesting option based on plate appearances for 13m

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • skorpio520
not bad.at that price id take him.but not at the 100 million hes looking for.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • Gepett0

i would do that offer

he prob wont take it though and i wouldnt really go much higher than that

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • edmet
been saying 4yrs x 13m plus 5th yr 13m option with 2 0r 3m buyout for a while. we can backload $3m from 1st yr too. we can do this and sign ross, and with our rotation we have a pretty strong team. go with young arms in pen.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • stearnsy12
how can we even think of that contract when we don't even want to pay our own Cy Young award winner 30 million for 2 years?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • stantonsvcks
"Our own Cy Young awar winner" will be lucky to win 10 games next year on this team. It was a miracle of God that got him that award. Trade him for the best deal possible.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • nvmets10
Signing Ross and Bourn would be absolutely fantastic. And I could see the Mets of a few years ago doing it. But I just can't see the Mets of today being able to, despite the fact that we're told there should be at least $25 million available to spend. It's a shame, because the market for Bourn has seemed to be pretty dead. Same goes for someone like Swisher. But we're not even being mentioned in the same sentence. Maybe Alderson just doesn't like them? I don't know what to make of it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • gomets66
just because they say they have so and so to spend doesnt mean they actually have it or want to spend it. over the last several years they said they could do things and never did.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • edmet
they are pathetic compulsive liars.
  • Reply to this Message