• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Sign Ross and resign Hairston
Message 546145.1 was deleted
  • 12/11/12
  • OrangeandBlue86
Couldnt agree more. There is nothing left to do but sign those two but i bet we only sign hairston. This team will b almost exactly the same team as last yr. Only the chances of dickey being that good again are mi-nute and im sure johan wont have a great first half again. I doubt wright will hit .400 thru may 2 yrs in a row either. So most likely we will win less than the 74 games we won last yr. Now the marlins r much weaker so maybe that helps but the braves phils made improvements and the nats got even stronger. Scary strong! All we van hope for is tgat harvey will b awesome and wheeler too. Duda has to get better and ikes avg has to go up.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546145.3 was deleted
  • 12/11/12
  • hammr1952

i have been clamoring for ross for a long time... he plays the game the right way... he is a GAMER... can play ALL outfield positions.... and BTW a WS mvp...

LETS GET IT DONE SANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • melloca
I would love for the Mets to sign Ross but on Metsblog.com he is out of the Mets Price Range which is shameful.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • saztastic2012

Well to be honest what else could they have done? Bourn, Hamilton ETC were not real options so what have we really missed out on? I would have liked them to sign JP that is one move they should have made,

That said Duda. Ross and Hairston is not bad and Im sure much more productive then Bay, Torres, Hairston/ Capt K

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • edmet
sign ross and take a shot at bourn. with limited options bourns price might (should). come down. santana's $25m plus new national tv $25m coming next yr. plus bay and wright $ deferred. plus pelfrey (5) torres (2.5) hairston (1) rauch (3) r.ramirez (2.5) off books == $13.5m, means mets have some $ they can spend. ross 2yrs x $8m, bourn 4yrs x $13m, why not try?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • Kranesback
It makes sense but we still have no catcher or closer.
  • Reply to this Message