• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• I knew this organization would regress this offseason
  • To:All
  • 12/11/12
  • alfolerud
It's amazing that some of you still have faith in this team. Haven't you learned by now to never trust the Wilpons to do the right thing?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546143.2 was deleted
  • 12/11/12
  • alfolerud
This difference is that some fans have unrealistic expectations.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • fargol

LOL so who exactly trusts the Wilpons do to the right thing?

Are you fiddling around with strawmen again?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • fargol

"This difference is that some fans have unrealistic expectations. "

LOL so what?

• Reply to this Message
Message 546143.6 was deleted
  • 12/11/12
  • fargol

"if you disagree with him he accuses you of being a Wilpon supporter lol "

Yeah, he's pretty funny that way, in a trollish sort of way :)+

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • alfolerud
I'm not building a strawman. There were numerous post on here about us raising payroll this offseason, about us giving the team time until the winter meetings were over, etc. There are people here who thing something good will happen until spring training starts, and then they expect a miracle run. You can't deny that there are plenty of people like that on this board. But let's face it: we will not make the playoffs again until the Wilpons sell.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • alfolerud
The blind faith makes NO sense.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • alfolerud
I don't see how anyone on here can be anything other than a Wilpon hater.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • fargol

"There were numerous post on here about us raising payroll this offseason, about us giving the team time until the winter meetings were over, etc."

? It's called speculation. No one TRUSTS the Wilpons to do the right thing. And what's wrong with saying stuff about the meetings? It's always possible something good will happen, and we basically have until opening day.

"There are people here who thing something good will happen until spring training starts, and then they expect a miracle run."
Again, speculation with a large dose of hope. Has NOTHING to do with trusting them.

Hope vs Expectations. There's a difference. Learn what that difference is and stop confusing them.

So metsmagic, please stop. You're really kind of obvious.

• Reply to this Message
Message 546143.12 was deleted
  • 12/11/12
  • fargol

"The blind faith makes NO sense. "

Again, so what?

Yelling and screaming and rooting hard for a sports team makes no sense either. It's not life-impacting, so why do people get so worked up? It's called being a fan(atic).

And AGAIN, it's NOT BLIND FAITH. There you go again making stuff up.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • fargol

" I already said several times that EVERYBODY hates the wilpons "

I don't think everyone "hates" them, like one would hate a person who does harm to you, but if you mean everyone thinks they're inept and unlikely to do the right thing, then yes, I agree 100%.

• Reply to this Message
Message 546143.15 was deleted
  • 12/11/12
  • fargol

"thats what i meant i didnt mean hate in a harming way "

That's what I figured, though there are some who really do hate them to the extent they wish bodily harm to come to them.

• Reply to this Message
Message 546143.17 was deleted
  • 12/11/12
  • alfolerud
I've been on this message board for years, as various derivations of postolerudmets. Accusing me of being another poster shows that you lack any substance to your argument. Your tactics are our of a communist/fascist playbook.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • fargol

"like the OP lol "

Maybe, but I'm not really convinced he's a Met fan.

He seems more interested in starting dopey callout threads like this and bashing David Wright.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • fargol

"Accusing me of being another poster shows that you lack any substance to your argument."

What are you talking about?

"Your tactics are our of a communist/fascist playbook. "

LOL (?)

• Reply to this Message