• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Babysitters wanted for Hamilton
  • To:All
  • 12/11/12
  • bagheera
This off season has been so depressing. Alderson says we will plug in the pieces we need through trades, but we don't have anyone to trade that we don't need ourselves. Dickey probably won't return what we need so if we can keep him for now at a bargin that is a possitive not a negative. We have a pretty good starting 5 that will keep us in most games most nights. I will volunteer to what Josh Hamilton (40 hr, 120 rbi) the first night he is here. We just need volunteers for the next 1459 nights. It is crazy to think of how pathetic we have gotten when Cody f-in Ross is too pricey for us. I don't even want him anyway. Stick Hamilton in the middle of the line up and hope he stays clean for 4 years. That would put some juice in the fan base. This will increase attendance for sure and sell lots of jerseys. This is exactly what Omar did with Beltran and Pedro Martinez years ago. He over paid to get the Mets back to relevance. Plus we keep our prospects. I will buy a 6 pack and a 6 pack of tickets if Sandy signs this guy and so what he is lefty. Get rid of Duda for a relief pitcher. Tejada, Murphy, Wright, Hamilton, Davis, Hairston, CaptainK, Thole. Not bad, some yound guys in the pen and at least there is hope. Sign ups for babysitting are posted on Jeff Wilpons butt.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • jsmet
Hairston Thole ? Lol
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • bagheera
They are both platoon players. Hairston is a good platoon outfielder and Thole had a bad year, but there are not to many good catchers available in case you haven't noticed. Besides, it is a pipedream. Image what your response would have been if our outfield was Hairston, CaptK and Duda along with thole. That is the point to needing someone that is game changing and he is. Upton, Ross, etc are not game changers. Hamilton would be like our Piazza. Someone you don't miss watching his at bat because you know something special might happen, kinda like Reyes used to be. Besides our payrole next year and beyond is so small due to all the cheap young position players and pitchers we have.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • govmule72
Dickey is a Cy Young winner. If you can't get anything decent for him, keep him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • bagheera
Totally agree. So that is why we need to go big via free agency since the trade chips, Wright and Dickey are off the table(Wright) and yielding very little(Dickey). I would rather pay Hamilton and pray he stays clean (heck the 1986 team wasn't clean and they did okay) then hope Olt turns into something and not have Dickey.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • Kranesback
Thta's a little insulting to anyone in recovery...Hamilton needs a babysitter as much as Dickey needs someone to follow him around to make sure he doesn't tear an abdominal muscle or Duda needs somone to move his end tables for him..well maybe that's not a bad idea for Duda, but you get my point.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Minor League Baseball
Latest by 3bwright - 12:14 PM
Oh, and BTW.. Davis is 0-9 and at .227
Latest by thagreat1 - 12:14 PM
Brian McCann
Latest by almandareo357 - 12:13 PM
Knock Collins all you want!
Latest by jimg223 - 12:12 PM
Chris Young batting .200, anyone surprised?
Latest by thagreat1 - 12:11 PM
Terry just pull Grandy aside
Latest by almandareo357 - 12:11 PM
Beautiful play!
Latest by elguapo111 - 12:10 PM
Since those first 3 games...
Latest by ewok54 - 12:10 PM
Musician Name Game
Latest by jereviens - 11:54 AM
It's a shame we passed on Abreu and Cruz...
Latest by ucpatoi - 11:53 AM