• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• "Kicking the tires on Cody Ross"
Message 546140.1 was deleted
  • 12/11/12
  • bbyjean616
We all heard how we needed to wait until we knew what was going on with Wright and Dickey before we could make moves..... even though we had so much deffered cash. Meanwhile the best choices went elsewhere. Now we'll kick the tires long enough on Cody Ross until he goes elsewhere too. Then we'll let Dickey pitch this year and lose him for nothing because there was "nothing out there worth getting"
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • oceans48
I've gotta think SA is more then a do-nothing, half witted lamebrain. IMO everytime he comes close to ANYTHING, he goes back to El Jeffe & Jeffy and gets denied, rejected and laughed at.
He ain't right.
He's too expensive.
That trade won't work.
He doesn't fit......etc
At this point in time, I think they're only interested in amassing a large pile of cash to sit their fat rear ends on. Why else has NOTHING been done to improve last years train wreck?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546140.4 was deleted
  • 12/11/12
  • Matt H

The contract and money Cody Ross gets will not be worth it anyway. He has bust written all over it, his numbers at Fenway are polar opposites of his numbers away.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • wrghtknght
And you don't think that was the plan the whole time? They seem to be making a habit of actually making a decision from word one, then pretending that they're indecisive long enough to milk the money and attention out of <sucker fans.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • nvmets10
Yes, they were polar opposites LAST season. But he put up virtually the exact same season twice with Florida.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • mhorkai
Cody Ross is probably good for about a .260-.265 average and 20 HRs over a full season, stats which would be similar to Duda, Hairston and maybe Kirk, but much better than Torres.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • oceans48
Too bad we can't kick the heads of the Wilpons.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • Gepett0

im sorry but how can you be certain duda even gives you that

i honestly think that duda over a full year would hit about 220 w/ 15 hrs at best and would be the worst defensive of in mlb

i really think that dickey is going to get traded last minute...honestly, i really think that is why the mets keep lowballing him...they want to keep contract negotiations alive to keep their leverage so that teams dont say "oh well clearly you arent willing to keep him" so they can get the best package out of a team

grienke is gone....now shields is off the table....how long will teams like texas hold out before giving in and including a second player? i mean, really, what else is left out there?

i get the feeling that the mets are trying to get a package of olt and jorge alfaro, which I would likely do as a trade

alfaro is currently rated the 6th best catching prospect in all of mlb and many believe that, despite not playing in AA and only being 19, he could be ready at some point this season

then they would move Olt likely to RF or possibly Left, give kirk the CF job (w/ den dekker waiting in the wings if he struggles) sign ross to take the other OF spot, and get a scrub back up catcher to split time w/ thole until they can bring up alfaro....maybe they move a few prospects for either jpa or salty as stop gaps

however, the first step in that would likely be actually making the 11th hour trade (though I think itd be wise to make an offer to ross now bc we really need 2 of)

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/11/12
  • forceout6
I forget if we hate Cody Ross or not.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • skorpio520
think hes looking for 3 at 25.really not a bad contract.not crippling and ross is like 30-31 i think.id do it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • skorpio520

"True. All of his moves this offseason have been towards giving Jeffy short term cash flow"

if this what happens then that means once again the wilpons lied.about payroll,the defered money plans,etc. and the worst part,they didnt just lie to us,they lied to wright aswell.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • skorpio520
olt would have to go to right .less opt for errors and hes gotta arm.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • DFAB
I think Duda can at least put up Ross numbers (.260 20 hrs). I do think he has the potential of being a 30 hr guy as well, but I think 20 hr isn't much of a stretch.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • saztastic2012
I think bringing in a guy like Ross goes a long way because he is more of a sure thing, I too think Duda can be an impact bat but adding him to Ross and one other goes along way to making this a solid OF.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • elsid1986

*I think Duda can at least put up Ross numbers (.260 20 hrs)*

Duda is a defensive liability. All you need to do is look at the expression on the pitchers faces every time he misplays a fly ball....He needs to produce alot better than that to jusify playing

Edited 12/11/12   by  elsid1986
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • elsid1986
They kick the tires on alot of guys, and rarely sign any of them.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • edmet
wasnt he WS mvp with giants playing at huge pac bell?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • edmet
for ross i offer 2yrs x 8m, but if a 3rd yr at 9 is needed to clinch it, do it, we are needy. structure it 7,8.5 and 9.5.
  • Reply to this Message